SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Very odd thing happened to me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/335573-very-odd-thing-happened-me.html)

karate 06-16-2014 05:08 PM

Very odd thing happened to me

When my wife left ,I drank for 2 full days .

Then something clicked in my head and said NO , don't drink .

That was a week ago tomorrow ,Have not thought about a beer .
Have not wanted one .

And my life is very tough right now .

kittycat3 06-16-2014 05:31 PM

Nice job karate, I think your life would still be tough even with the booze, tougher actually.
Glad you are keeping it straight!

jdooner 06-16-2014 05:37 PM

Karate a good friend with much wisdom told me to make as much headway when you can so your better prepared when a curveball comes. You have had a few curveballs lately that is for sure. But why not use this time that your not thinkin about a drink to form a solid recovery program? This way if you get more crap thrown your way you can duck and move vs. getting clocked like last week?

ScottFromWI 06-16-2014 05:38 PM

Glad you haven't drank Karate. You've had thoughts like this before, many of us have. I think it's important to remember that there is no magic formula or thought that suddenly removes our addiction. We need to be vigilant every day. Also remember you are on the higher dose meds now too....that could be contributing as well. Be strong and don't be afraid to accept help when you need it. Have you been to your regular home group?

huntingtontx 06-16-2014 05:51 PM

Karate, you are going through a tough time and I will keep you in my prayer. I am glad you got right back to being sober. I am proud of you.

karate 06-16-2014 05:59 PM

I guess it could be the Zoloft ,But im only taking 25 mg .

ScottFromWI 06-16-2014 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by karate (Post 4722301)
I guess it could be the Zoloft ,But im only taking 25 mg .

The specifics don't really matter, I'm just suggesting you keep a plan in place. You've been seeing your doc, that is great. How is your homegroup doing?

LBrain 06-16-2014 06:33 PM

Zoloft and Alcohol – Safety Medical

Karate, years ago I took zoloft for many months. I stopped drinking during that period - the doctor told me not drink or else. I listened. Zoloft got in the way of my drinking so I got off it so I could drink again. I quit drinking for a year. Felt pretty good too after that. For some reason I figured I would start drinking again.

We react differently to medications. But overall, drinking and zoloft do not mix well.

Archelon 06-16-2014 07:42 PM

I am glad you are doing better. Most of us don't want a drink, until we do. We have to be ready for what we will do when we DO want a drink. Enjoy the times we don't, but remember they might not last forever.

glad the zoloft is helping

fini 06-16-2014 07:48 PM

Karate,
hasn't a similar odd thing happened over and over?

seems like a repeating pattern....feel like adding stuff so you have a better chance at changing the pattern?