Notices

The thought to use was there this weekend

Old 06-15-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The thought to use was there this weekend

I had thoughts of using pain pills and pot this weekend but I got through it. I called a newcomer and just talked to her and focused on her instead of talking about myself and my using thoughts. I also talked to my sponsor so that helped. I am getting my car back this afternoon so tomorrow I go to a meeting. Today I cook my father a big fathers day meal. I find that If I keep busy and call newcomers then the thoughts are not that bad. I don't get specific strong cravings anymore but still thoughts. I also prayed and meditated so that helps. I couldn't attend any meetings so I had to use other methods.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through!! . . . activities I find are very important, I used to fill my time with drinking, now we need to fill the time we used to fuel our addictions with something else!!

Focusing on other people can be the best activity out of everything!!
Old 06-15-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job using those tools that you are learning how to utilize in sobriety. The fact that you are focusing on others (your Dad as well as the newcomer) is awesome!! Sometimes when I'm feeling like you described, I jump on SR and type my little heart out to the newer folks. Thank you for sharing your success! Keep up the great work...you are worth it!