Notices

Cheating

Old 06-01-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by killerinstinct View Post
Hello to all who replied to me thread... after several days of thinking about it I've realised something... even before I realised he was a drinker... I never trusted my man.. I always felt uneasy about something and could never work it out up until today... he is a huge flirt..
Can very much relate. I had an ex who I met before I became I drinker. He was charming....dripping with charisma. After we dated for a while, I questioned the volume of drinking, but there were times I questioned (to myself) his need for attention. He wasn't the typical guy I'd go for....but anyway, long story short, we broke up and I suspect he cheated on me once...and also took up with a girl from work suspiciously close to when we broke up.

My point is...it hurts like hell, particularly if they are a charmer. Understand completely. He was also a very intense kind of person, so the break ups would be huge and dramatic. Anyway it lasted (I use the term loosely) about 12 months.

There was a lot of hurt from that, he moved close by, I saw him and his girlfriend so often in our neighbourhood, I had to move.

Good on you for working on yourself and moving past this. It will take time, but you have hope.

Oh, and my ex....he never got better as far as I know. He wasted a potentially wonderful life, he was a great person....but he lost everything to alcohol. Try to forget past hurts and be grateful you got out when you did.