Notices

Alcohol fooled me again

Old 05-31-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol fooled me again

Hi Everyone I was finished for ever with the alcohol recently for 34 days, I went to a party and after my stint of dryness (but still suffering from PAWS) I Slipped, I thought,, I can handle this!!,, just have one or two..no problems I can control this...I am strong!!..well you know the rest,,,, black out!! and next day I needed the cure I was so hung over,well, I had to return to work the following day and drive to a different country,, got through that and back to work, feeling absolutely terrible, it is now 7 days since I last drank and feel tired, headaches, stomach aches, muscle Aches, sleeping problems again, woolly head, short term memory, twitched etc. etc. I know on my last stint of soberness , the 34 Days I was making good head way and had resolved the sleeping thing (well almost on and off) and the energy levels were coming back,, actually was getting my physical and mental state back together and was feeling quite good with myself,,, and then BANG my brain tricked me into believing I could have 1 or 2

Why do I not learn from our mistakes and let this happen again and again, even when we know the damage it will do?????????? swimming pool and exercise for me today, good food and Vitim-en B's... I think that when we are sick from the poison alcohol we should video ourselves and explain to yourself in the future place in time not to believe your lying brain and remind ourselves the damage that will inevitably that will happen if we drink again.

That's all folks, hope to hear your thoughts, have a nice and alcohol free day,

Bye and thanks SR
Old 05-31-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats the nature of alcoholism Carlingford - it tries its best to convince you you don't have it.

I really believe you get out of your recovery what you pout into it...maybe its time to look at what you did last time and think about what you could add to that this time?

I found that really plugging myself into this community - checking in daily - maybe joining a monthly thread - really helped...

every time I had those 'I could one or two thoughts' I have a community of people ready here to tell me straight what a stupid idea that was.

D
Old 05-31-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What sticks out to me in your post is, "I went to a party". I know for me that I have to stay away from alcohol in early sobriety, and especially stay clear of people who are drinking, so bars, parties, even casual visits to a friends house, are out, period.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dee yes good idea, thanks for advise and I will check out the threads tyou