Notices

Husband Relapsed After 5ish Months of Sobriety

Old 05-31-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's such a shame, Stung. Please look after yourself and try not to engage in the hurtful feeling of the fact he lied. He probably wanted to believe he only drank that, the magnitude of what we have done or what we are capable of shocks us too.

I hope it shocks him enough to reign it in.

But you...how mad you must feel that this has happened.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung
Just for S&Gs I thought I would update that the truth finally came out. He did drink 2 doubles…AND a whole bottle. He ordered the two doubles from room service after he finished off the bottle. He would have ordered more but he passed out. The idea of taking a few shots makes me want to vomit. I cannot even comprehend drinking an entire bottle of vodka and then going back for more. I knew the kind of stink and puffiness coming off of him wasn't from two measly drinks but an entire bottle and then some, oh yeah, he poisoned the hell out of himself. Now it makes sense.
And there it is........ see? There's always "more to the story"
Old 05-31-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Most alcoholics relapse, especially in the first year. I hope you re-post this in the "Friends and Family" area of the forum where you can get the help and support of others in a relationship with an alcoholic.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I pray he stops drinking. It can and will destroy his life. Possibly killing him. Urge him to stop again. Were here for ya and your husband. God bless you!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

sorry to hear about this but glad at the same time. I just went over five months - I need to be sharp. Yeah, I would question the "number" of drinks he had as well.

I remember when I was asked how many I drank I would say two (two six packs). But two was my truth. The sad part was that I could drink two six packs and function as well as someone who had just 2 beers. Amazing I have all my fingers - table saw, skill saw, etc.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Alcoholic drink math...I used to drink 50/50 vodka screwdrivers once in awhile. I rember people seeing me mix and remark...I didn't think it unusual until people pointed it out. I guess that would mix would floor some people.
I hope he gets back on the horse...and keeps adding the sober days to the count!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I feel pretty confident that he's going to relapse again tonight. He's looking for someone to either justify his "the world is against me" thinking or someone to war against and he keeps calling me over and over again instead of his sponsor or instead of the 20+ AA contacts in his phone. I just hope he makes the next right descion and I don't know what that is but I know calling me isn't it.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Stung.

How are you feeling?
Can you schedule a therapy appointment, or even a massage, pedicure, something to take care of yourself a little extra this week?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
I feel pretty confident that he's going to relapse again tonight. He's looking for someone to either justify his "the world is against me" thinking or someone to war against and he keeps calling me over and over again instead of his sponsor or instead of the 20+ AA contacts in his phone. I just hope he makes the next right descion and I don't know what that is but I know calling me isn't it.
Isn't interesting how we get a 6th sense about this. I "know" when my ah will drink too.

Fingers are crossed that he stays strong.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
would you please tell him something for me?
HIS program is working perfectly- just as designed.
quit screwin around and get workin the program.

and don't answer the phone when he calls.
something ive heard help. don't know if ya want to go there- he has contacts in his phone, which im sure his sponsor is one. call the sponsor on yer husbands phone. tell him his sponsee needs to talk to him and hand yer hubby the phone.

might also want to tell hubby get sober or get out.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We're already separated. He did not end up drinking but I texted his sponsor (super codependent!!!) since my husband was calling me itching for a fight. His sponsor called him and then randomly another AA friend called him. Then my husband called all of his AA contacts, about half of them answered, and he was a nice, humble guy again after that. The sobriety tools he has really are awesome when he uses them. He's revamping his program too and adding new things and doubling up on stuff that was really effective, like he is doing therapy twice a week now. We both have therapy today.