Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Really screwed up and best friends disappointed in me

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't go into details about what happened but my best friend told me she is disappointed in me and didn't expect this from me and rightly so I screwed up. Been crying all night. Very sad day when this happens thought of drinking tonight but stayed sober. And plan to for good. I'm very depressed right now.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No one is perfect. If you feel you were in the wrong, apologize, and then move on. Assuming you didn't do something really bad, she should accept your apology.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did something bad but my sponsor says it is repairable. I will make an amends but I think the friendship will never be the same. Maybe it will last or it wont who knows. I have had the night to think about my actions.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are WAY too tough on yourself .

Love yourself and lighten up .
Old 05-29-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anoronha View Post
I did something bad but my sponsor says it is repairable. I will make an amends but I think the friendship will never be the same. Maybe it will last or it wont who knows. I have had the night to think about my actions.
I believe you've made previous posts regarding issues with friends. Maybe it would be helpful to share some specifics (without going into too many details). We could then offer more focused suggestions.

I don't know what exactly is going on with you and your friends, but I get the feeling that someone--either you or your friend--has unrealistic expectations about what a friendship actually entails. Maybe now would be a good time to reevaluate what you feel is a proper friendship.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You remind me so much of me! I am going through something similar and it is killing me that, in my case, am hated. I agree that we are not perfect-including your friend. INMHO, if she doesn't accept your apology and forgive you --and note she may need time to process her own feelings before this can be done--but eventually, if she doesn't offer this, she wasn't the right kind of friend.

I tend to fret over other peoples approval/acceptance when in fact their opinion of me should not matter. THEY as a person may matter to me, but I am the only approval I should seek. And in my case, God's.

My heart goes out to you. You will make more mistakes, that's life. You forgive you --you, Anoronha, are enough. So is your precious, tender heart. Guard it well, as sometimes our biggest gifts are our enemy.