Notices

For fun and to learn...

Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

For fun and to learn...

Putting aside those obvious activities we pursue to maintain our existence, there are only two credible things we do when we engage in others, no matter how appealing they are. For fun and to learn...

Whatever fun there might have been at the start of my drinking, it soon dissipated and proved the worth of the saying,'Alcohol gave me wings to fly.Then it took away the sky.'

Both in my drinking and subsequent recovery, leading to what might, said with humility a prolonged period of sobriety.

I learned that the sad, destructive, delusional life of an alcoholic is no life, and that sobriety is a gift not to be taken lightly or abused. That over time returns every thing that once appeared lost, is returned. If in no more than human life and dignity.

The suggestion then, that we only do things for fun and to learn, also proves the truth of the saying that,'Anything that conflicts with experience and logic should be abandoned' and that, for me personally, reliance on any person or thing to make me happy is also a delusion, other than perhaps others doing so by simply being themselves.