Notices

Not a drop to be found

Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not a drop to be found

Went around my house and property making sure I haven't forgotten about anymore of my stashes. Talked to my sponsor fist thing this morning. My older kids will be home tomorrow so it makes it much easier not to think about drinking. I hate the fact I chose to drink yesterday instead of getting my little man. Things like that reminds me of how powerful that drink is. Picking the love of my can over the love of my children really is sickening. With aa Sr and my weekly counseling I'm sure I'll start to get it. It amazing how I can tell myself I'm powerless of alcohol but yet still find away to pick up. For 2 years I have been trying to get sober. With each mess and destruction my drinking causes it does leave an imprint in my brain at how powerful alcohol is over me. It really is like giving up the love of your like.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like you have a solid plan in place Bob - spending time here on SR when you have cravings or just need more info/help is always an option too.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But the love of your life should no make you hurt yourself, others you care about, make you ill, shorten your life span, make you feel ashamed, rob you of your energy, your confidence, your zest, make you lie and put you in a position where you could make dangerous or poor decisions.

That sounds like the enemy of your life.
Not the love of your life.

I think when you can see alcohol for what it is, you might realise you are not missing nothing good when you are not drinking.

I get angry when people talk about expensive wine for example.
Whether is a £1 or £100 it is still all made of rotten fruit!
Drinks can be advertised on television and the supposed 'life style' they come with and we can have too. It might be lovers clinking glasses of champers to celebrate, a fella wiping sweat rom his brow after labouring all day. Standing in front of a roaring fire, being distinguished with a whiskey.

Yet it is one of the few drugs that can cause withdrawal symptoms that can be fatal. They can kill you.
Heroin does not do that, or at least I don't think it can.
Cocaine does not do that as far as I know.
If I am wrong, I am sorry.

But, in my humble opinion, alcohol does not enhance your life.

I wish you the best xx
Old 05-27-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Though if the love of your life in a relationship caused the same destruction, that relationship would be ended in a heartbeat, so why not alcohol?

You can do this bob!!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alcohol is not the love of your life, it is a really bad room mate who loses the cap of the tooth paste and eats all your food and never goes to the store or pays rent. Channel your inner bad ass and kick that sucker out. You deserve it.