Notices

Holiday and airports

Old 05-25-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holiday and airports

Hooray, I'm heading away for a week in the sun, to be honest I feel confident that I will be ok, I'm going on my own somewhere quiet. I'm hoping to enjoy the food and I love the sea. This may sound silly but the part I'm worrying about the most is the airport, it was always a ritual to sink a few before the plane journey. Start of the holiday and all that! Think I'm just going to mooch around the duty free, the aftershave section that is! Anyone else find airports an issue?

On a separate note, isn't it kinda funny how in airports it's perfectly acceptable for the general public to be downing beers, etc at 7am!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Easilypleased View Post
Hooray, I'm heading away for a week in the sun, to be honest I feel confident that I will be ok, I'm going on my own somewhere quiet. I'm hoping to enjoy the food and I love the sea. This may sound silly but the part I'm worrying about the most is the airport, it was always a ritual to sink a few before the plane journey. Start of the holiday and all that! Think I'm just going to mooch around the duty free, the aftershave section that is! Anyone else find airports an issue?

On a separate note, isn't it kinda funny how in airports it's perfectly acceptable for the general public to be downing beers, etc at 7am!
Very true, I often saw more people in the bar at the airport than I saw in the cafe and that was at 9am.

Enjoy your holiday, don't stress about anything save that for the rest of the year when stress goes hand in hand with daily life.
Enjoy☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
Old 05-26-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got to the point where I didn't want to fly without a nice buzz going. Can remember sitting in airport drinking establishments passing the time till my next flight. Even then I found them depressing. But the booze called, so I went,

Get a good magazine or book. Don't even go in those places, lest you be tempted.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too was in the airport over the weekend and got a laugh out of the lady in front of me on the plane getting those mini wine bottles throughout the flight that took off at 10am. Somehow time doesn't exist in airports / planes?!

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lucky

I am flying next week, too!
I am worried about the same thing. I have a layover in Tokyo for 5 hours and in the past I would've headed straight to the bar and soaked for the whole time.

I guess I will have to fill up my e-reader with loads of books instead.

Take care and have great holiday!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi katebear, we'll, I made it! True enough the bars were full. I think it helped the fact that I knew if I started drinking there just wouldn't be enough for me, there never was, I would have been bugging the stewards the whole flight for more drink and probably getting on everyone's nerves. So, I'm here now, sober and relaxed.