SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   You guys got it easy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/333166-you-guys-got-easy.html)

KissMyTiara 05-25-2014 01:19 PM

You guys got it easy

OK....it's hard to be a woman quitting alcohol when going thru menopause. I'm always hot and always sweating. Ten times more probably what a guy gets.

And it doesn't stop after two weeks. You guys got it easy.

Anna 05-25-2014 01:31 PM

I don't think anyone who is stopping drinking has it easy.

Boleo 05-25-2014 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara (Post 4672712)

Spent close to 3 years trying to quit. During that time my hangovers turned into DT's. Lost my job due to DT's at work. Lost my wife do to no job. Lost my house due to no money. Went to live on a poor farm with 70 other alcoholics/addicts. Got kicked out for not following a few clearly defined rules. Lived on the streets of Denver for awhile. Slept in homeless shelters or on cold concrete floors. Was unemployed for 18 months.

Yea... Us Guy's got it easy.
:abcb:

Kllme 05-25-2014 01:39 PM

I don't know. In my life I have only had sex sober a handful of times and only with people I knew well. That will be one of my biggest challenges. A girl wants me to come over tonight. This is Day 2 and I have a swollen liver and feel like crap but she is only in town for a couple days. I prob. will pass. And she is drunk and high. My life sucks

Kllme 05-25-2014 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boleo (Post 4672734)
Spent close to 3 years trying to quit. During that time my hangovers turned into DT's. Lost my job due to DT's at work. Lost my wife do to no job. Lost my house due to no money. Went to live on a poor farm with 70 other alcoholics/addicts. Got kicked out for not following a few clearly defined rules. Lived on the streets of Denver for awhile. Slept in homeless shelters or on cold concrete floors. Was unemployed for 18 months.

Yea... Us Guy's got it easy.
:abcb:

This is what I fear for my future. Lost my job due to low performance because of drinking. Have a nice house now and am 6 months behind on mortgage and unemployed. Interviewing with 3 companies but I fear I look unemployable to alot of companies. Oh and no one knows about my situation. Contemplating suicide is my biggest daily activity. I think I have a 1 in 50 chance of saving my ass. If I lose my house, I will never be able to get another one

Mountainmanbob 05-25-2014 01:56 PM

OK....it's hard to be a woman quitting alcohol when going thru menopause. I'm always hot and always sweating. Ten times more probably what a guy gets.

Watching my wife
I have to agree with you
MM

KissMyTiara 05-25-2014 02:01 PM

HA HA...I'm talking about menopause. And quitting. You guys think you sweat for a couple of weeks? Try quitting alcohol during menopause.

Boleo 05-25-2014 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kllme (Post 4672740)
This is what I fear for my future. Lost my job due to low performance because of drinking. Have a nice house now and am 6 months behind on mortgage and unemployed. Interviewing with 3 companies but I fear I look unemployable to alot of companies. Oh and no one knows about my situation. Contemplating suicide is my biggest daily activity. I think I have a 1 in 50 chance of saving my ass. If I lose my house, I will never be able to get another one

It was what what I now call my "Dark Night of the Soul" experience. It stripped me of pretty much everything I had - including much of my judgement and expectations. Living life without judgement and expectations has taught me a valuable lesson .

"Samsara and Nirvana are the same."
:Meditate:

KissMyTiara 05-25-2014 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Boleo (Post 4672758)
It was what what I now call my "Dark Night of the Soul" experience. It stripped me of pretty much everything I had - including much of my judgement and expectations. Living life without judgement and expectations has taught me a valuable lesson .

"Samsara and Nirvana are the same."
:Meditate:

What does that have to do with my quote

Boleo 05-25-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara (Post 4672759)
What does that have to do with my quote

Nothing - It was a response to Kllme's post.
:kabong:

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara (Post 4672754)
HA HA...I'm talking about menopause. And quitting. You guys think you sweat for a couple of weeks? Try quitting alcohol during menopause.

Try quitting alcohol during unemployment, divorce, homelessness and extreme poverty.
:abcd:

silentrun 05-25-2014 02:42 PM

I am having a hot flash right now. That's new. Sometimes it is hard to tell where one symptom leaves off and another one picks up. This would be a lot harder if I was still using though.

Kllme 05-25-2014 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Boleo (Post 4672773)
Nothing - It was a response to Kllme's post.
:kabong:

Try quitting alcohol during unemployment, divorce, homelessness and extreme poverty.
:abcd:

Yep. Skins a little jaundice while interviewing. Eyes look like you haven't slept in a week. On top of all of that, you are pissed off at yourself too that it has come to this.

Raider 05-25-2014 03:34 PM

I'm a menopause-Er in alcohol recovery. I get it.....��

babycat 05-25-2014 06:20 PM

Your post really pissed me off.

Kaneda8888 05-25-2014 06:54 PM

KMT

Yes, I can neither imagine or experience the difficulties of trying to gain sobriety during such a stage in life. However, I do know what its like to get stuck in self pity. I would advise you to avoid that if possible.

silentrun 05-25-2014 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob (Post 4672750)
Watching my wife
I have to agree with you
MM

Bob knows how to talk to a menopausal woman. Smart man Bob. I took the OP to be kind of tongue in cheek.

CAPTAINZING2000 05-25-2014 08:06 PM

If it were easy, this forum wouldn't be in existence :)

Odelle 05-25-2014 08:41 PM

I quit during menopause. Last year, I caved just before 100 days and I remember discussing the ongoing sweating with others, I had hoped that quiting drinking would also have a positive effect on hot flashes. I already knew that drinking made the night sweats and hot flashes 100 times worse. After relapsing last year, I quit again this past December. Somewhere around four months of sobriety, I realized that the night sweats were gone and the hot flashes were very rare and minimal. I don't know where you are at in sobriety (I'm fairly new posting here), but I can honestly say that not drinking has drastically reduced my symptoms.

Sorry guys, TMI, but I can really relate to OP's vent.

Bostonsportsfan 05-25-2014 09:24 PM

None of us had it easy...everyone's situation is different.

babycat 05-25-2014 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bostonsportsfan (Post 4673370)
None of us had it easy...everyone's situation is different.

If sweating is the worst of it, cry me a ******* river.