Notices

First weekend done

Old 05-24-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First weekend done

Day 9 of being sober. Yesterday was Friday and that was HARD. I work a physical trade and Friday has always been a early knock off and go get absolutely wasted. Luckily I had a counselling booked for 3pm Friday. I told her if it wasn't for antabuse I probably would of not rocked up to the session and gone to the pub. I'm on antabuse until I can sort out my mental addiction to alcohol. Got home from the session went and got a coffee, did groceries and then made dinner. Then decided to do what i used to love doing. I went fishing in the current thunderstorm. Didn't get home till 1am. Was good. Felt like my old self. Doing something else crazy apart from drinking:p

Woke up Saturday feeling amazing. Got up cranked the music. Was dancing around the house like an idiot lol. So much energy after a restful sleep. Was great. Just kept my self busy all day. Driving around to shops, catching up with family, doing repairs around the house. Watched a good movie now I'm in bed ready for another great sleep. Hopefully sunday is going to be as easy as today
Old 05-24-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post wardy! Keep up the good work. You've got this!
Old 05-24-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 days, wardy; nicely done.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First of all congratulations on those 9 days, I know they are tough! It gets a little better every day so hang in there. Funny that you brought up fishing I went last Wednesday and caught 5 trout (my bag limit). First time I've been fishing sober in years. I had forgotten I don't need to be drunk to enjoy something and hadn't realized how much being drunk affects my ability to actually CATCH fish rather than sit in a chair in a daze waiting for a bite.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by wardy1990 View Post
Day 9 of being sober. Yesterday was Friday and that was HARD. I work a physical trade and Friday has always been a early knock off and go get absolutely wasted. Luckily I had a counselling booked for 3pm Friday. I told her if it wasn't for antabuse I probably would of not rocked up to the session and gone to the pub. I'm on antabuse until I can sort out my mental addiction to alcohol. Got home from the session went and got a coffee, did groceries and then made dinner. Then decided to do what i used to love doing. I went fishing in the current thunderstorm. Didn't get home till 1am. Was good. Felt like my old self. Doing something else crazy apart from drinking:p

Woke up Saturday feeling amazing. Got up cranked the music. Was dancing around the house like an idiot lol. So much energy after a restful sleep. Was great. Just kept my self busy all day. Driving around to shops, catching up with family, doing repairs around the house. Watched a good movie now I'm in bed ready for another great sleep. Hopefully sunday is going to be as easy as today

One of the biggest tools in this battle Is a positive mindset, and you certainly seem to have that.
Well done buddy, really happy for you.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going wardy
Have a great Sunday

D
Old 05-24-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paloverde View Post
First of all congratulations on those 9 days, I know they are tough! It gets a little better every day so hang in there. Funny that you brought up fishing I went last Wednesday and caught 5 trout (my bag limit). First time I've been fishing sober in years. I had forgotten I don't need to be drunk to enjoy something and hadn't realized how much being drunk affects my ability to actually CATCH fish rather than sit in a chair in a daze waiting for a bite.
Haha good on ya. Bagged out, that's great. Yeh the amount of times I left early from fishing to go home and get wasted isn't funny. If I stayed back them extra hours I probably would of always caught more fish.

Thanks for your support everyone, appreciate it
Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Friday was always the last hurdle for me. It had to be "special" meaning 'relaxing' and getting wasted. in time i learned to value getting up early and filling my time productivly. Its much better

Keep up the good work- its an adventure
Old 05-24-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

way to go wardy!
Old 05-24-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is cool!