Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Update: What my Dr. told me that Alcohol has done.

Notices

Update: What my Dr. told me that Alcohol has done.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kllme View Post
How long have you been drinking? I feel I am in a similar situation. I freaked out a month ago because I woke up with what I thought was ascites but I think my liver was just swollen. Had slight jaundice. Had blood tests and an MRI. Everything came back fine with only elevated bilirubin. I have been drinking hard for 3 weeks again and now feel the same way I did before. I can feel my liver swollen currently and am going through horrible withdrawls right now. All I can do is pace the floor. How can you go from just a fatty liver to cirrosis with 1 drink though like your Dr. said?
Your liver is not "Just" swollen and there is nothing normal about a "slight" jaundice. You came in here last month worried and we all advised you of your imminent danger. As I figured when I didn't see you posting, you went out and filled up again. Doc said things were ok so I guess they are. Happy Days back down at the saloon again. What me worry? You worry, it's only bilirubin.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Not everyone is meant to survive addiction or statistics would be much higher.