Notices

Working on the low blood sugar ...GOOD !

Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Working on the low blood sugar ...GOOD !

I would suggest a low blood sugar diet to anyone .

Plenty of sample plans on the net .

Just look up ,hypoglycemic diet .

If you don't have low blood sugar ,the diet in no way can be harmful .

Im doing much better , and by that I mean ALOT better .
Old 05-20-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by karate View Post
I would suggest a low blood sugar diet to anyone .

Plenty of sample plans on the net .

Just look up ,hypoglycemic diet .

If you don't have low blood sugar ,the diet in no way can be harmful .

Im doing much better , and by that I mean ALOT better .

Hey Karate, what kind of Dietery changes have you made? Is it a total overhaul or just cutting out sugars as much as possible? I have cut down on soda the last few days and it does make a big difference already, less tired and more energy.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I eliminated caffine after about 9 am .

Cut out sweets during the day ,I will eat some at night -until my supply runs out .

Cut out all drinks with sugar .

I eat grilled meat as much as possible , and fruit for my desire for sweet things .

I still eat some things like crackers and chips .
Old 05-20-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

I eliminated caffine after about 9 am .

Cut out sweets during the day ,I will eat some at night -until my supply runs out .

Cut out all drinks with sugar .

I eat grilled meat as much as possible , and fruit for my desire for sweet things .

I still eat some things like crackers and chips .

Well done Karate, I'm trying similar with regards to chocolate and I'm only drinking either water or zero sugar coke. It does seem to help buddy.

When I quit drinking I was still drinking a whole lot of sugary soda which made me feel horrible, tired and even more thirsty, but gradually trying to make a general intake change. Alcohol first now sugars and saturated fats.

Take it easy buddy.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Karate I've cut out processed sugars and gluten and I feel 100% better. When I do cheat occasionally I feel the effects and it reinforces why it's better for me to just totally eliminate them from my diet.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have moved to a diet that involves eating one main meal a day. I skip breakfast and lunch and have any evening meal I desire, along with any dessert. Then till the next day, at the same time I have nothing. I usually eat between the hours of 5-7pm. Been doing it for 4 weeks and it doesn't bother me at all and I find Im losing weight gradually and have control of my sweet tooth and hunger.

I actually think this kind of diet is more natural than eating 3 times a day, or the other nonsense of eating 5 times a day. Since when did the human race have the ability to eat so many times a day? Never, not until the last 30 years and in which time people are just getting fatter and fatter.

Its more likely through the history of humanity that we would eat one main meal a day and on some days have very little.

There's been quite a lot of research on this kind of diet, google "intermittent fasting" -- not that I think its fasting, I think its normal.

I highly recommend it for people who can do maths and those who are not brain washed with the "must not skip breakfast" or "must eat 5 small meals a day" mantra (which of course is nonsense.)
Old 05-20-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

fruit for my desire for sweet things .
I've noticed this really does help. I don't typically want ice-cream if I eat fruit after dinner.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, great post...I've long believed that low blood sugar is a major source of cravings...notice the bars fill up at 3-5 pm, for Happy Hour....alcohol=simple sugars, metabolized the fastest...it's a HUGE connection.....eat 5 small meals throughout the day, versus, big meals once per day....good luck....
Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrTumble View Post
I have moved to a diet that involves eating one main meal a day. I skip breakfast and lunch and have any evening meal I desire, along with any dessert. Then till the next day, at the same time I have nothing. I usually eat between the hours of 5-7pm.
I tend toward this way of eating too. I ate like this while lifting weights and running two summers ago and was in pristine shape.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

honestly, Mr. Tumble...eating five times per day is much healthier; it's WHAT you eat that's the important piece...complex carbs, whole grains etc...not white things/sugars/simple carbs........it's all about caloric intake versus output really, not amount of meals.....
Old 05-20-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Regarding 5 meals a day.. Most people need around 2000 calories a day so try and eat 5 meals a day that are around 400 calories You will be seriously suffering. It will feel like you haven't satisfied your hunger. So what effectively happens is that people who eat 5 times a day end up over eating. They go way over the 2000 calories. If you want to lose weight, you need a calorie deficit, you cant lose weight by eating more calories than you need, no matter what you eat

When I have 1 meal a day, I can manage a maximum of around 1500 calories, I can eat as many complex carbs and fruit and veg and lean meat as I like. I am easily getting my nutritional needs, but Im not over eating and Im eating what I want. I also have a calorific deficit and hence am losing weight. I reckon I probably have around 1200 calories a day and have a slap up dinner.

It works beautifully and I recommend it to anyone. You'll get used to not eating breakfast and lunch after around 3 days, till then its a bit of a chore but once youre in the habit its great and I dont have to mess around worrying about breakfast and lunch.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I guess that diet could work ,But im too active to go 18 hours without eating .

Im not trying to lose weight ,at a good weight now .
Old 05-20-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mr.tumble finally someone else who eats like me. I don't eat much through out the day if I do it's high fat/protein like peanuts or raw almonds. I find the grazing approach to eating causes many to consume way more calories then they realize.

Your digestive system shouldn't be firing all day long.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
Mr.tumble finally someone else who eats like me. I don't eat much through out the day if I do it's high fat/protein like peanuts or raw almonds. I find the grazing approach to eating causes many to consume way more calories then they realize.

Your digestive system shouldn't be firing all day long.
Spot on !

I never used to have breakfast, but everyone said you must, so I did and then found I was getting hungry again at 11. Then people said you should eat every 3 hours, so at 11 I would have something. Then the habit of lunch at 1 had to be fed, but of course the local shops sell giant baguettes filled with who-knows-what, so I would have one for convenience (who has time to make a salad at work!). Then at around 4pm Id want some chocolate, because suddenly blood sugar crashed after the baguette, so off to the vending machine... Then dinner at night and some wine and some desert.

This was my eating 5 times a day... Its nigh on impossible to eat 5 times a day and stay within your calorific needs unless you have a personal chef who is counting the calories for you and doing the shopping. So what happens is that you take the convenience option.

With the one meal a day approach, we remove all that junk from your diet and all the hassle of trying to make a 400 calorie meal (and the bother of counting calories.)

We naturally eat less if we eat less often.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I eat when I'm hungry. I have never been overweight.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i dont know what you mean by low blood sugar levels. most people good healthy levels unless you have some medical condition or taking medications that might alter it.
be careful and dont go to low, that can be unhealthy and even dangerous to your health

but i know a friend who does a diet like yours and she lost alot of weight and feels great.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I eat when I'm hungry too. If I follow my natural patterns I feel best. That might mean 1-2 meals a day, or it might not. Just depends. There is controversy over the 5 meals a day thing...and even the 3 meals a day. Would be difficult to definitively say that several small meals is a healthier way to eat, as there seems to be data to the contrary out now.

Oh..and glad you are feeling better karate!