Notices

Anybody use weed to get over booze?

Old 05-18-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

this is an interesting subject. I have been looking into marijuana for a while now. I havent used it in 15 years, but started to research the low THC varieties that have a high CBD percentage. These are effectively the same strains used for medicinal marijuana and the low THC means they are far less psychoative but the effect of CBD is apparently good for reducing anxiety and helps to relieve pain/stress.

I havent tried any of these strains as I have no way of getting any, but would be interested if anyone has any experience of these new strains of marijuana...
Old 05-18-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
quat

I drank because I loved to be drunk, I smoked pot because I loved to be high
I just wanted there to be no consequences about indulging in either or both pleasures, there were stopping both was the answer, I suppose on some level 'that sucks', I guess some facts suck
Old 05-18-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jauburn View Post
I do not think pot is addictive in the same way alcohol is. My own experience proves it.
My experience emphatically disproves it, but looks to me like you've made your mind up Jauburn.

Sincerely, good luck with that.

I havent tried any of these strains as I have no way of getting any, but would be interested if anyone has any experience of these new strains of marijuana...
Seeing as we're a recovery site, and seeing as we have many people here whose lives or their loved ones lives were destroyed by marijuana addiction, we're done here.

2. Outside Agendas: No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support related to recovery from addiction or recovery for family and friends. This is our primary purpose. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited references are allowed, but the forums should not be used to convert others. Do not post content or links or materials to and from sites that flame someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program/method. It is inappropriate to promote the use of alcohol or drugs on our addiction recovery forums.
D