Notices

4 months.. NOT sober

Old 05-14-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 months.. NOT sober

I last posted in January. And as funny (not reaaaaly) as it is... I felt embarrassed to post here again.. explaining myself away again.

I just took 3 weeks vacation time and told myself.. alright.. work out.. dont drink.. relationship on track.. lets go...

We all know what happened.

Why am I an alcoholic at 24.
Why did I love blacking out at 15.

why am I here.
I WANT change but something says no.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi tiel, it is a struggle for some of us.

24 is a great age and sort of envy the fact you realise at this age you should act regarding your drinking. I know it sucks but what's the alternative. And it only sucks for a while, you will reap the benefits of sobriety a hundredfold to what you will get blacking out.

It took me a lot of years regrets, memory loss, black outs and soul searching to stop but I surely would have ended up dead on one of my boozy passing outs, our bodies can take only so much.

There is life after booze and a free and happy one, without the crutch of drink.

Be well x
Old 05-14-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi tiel

I know for me there was a vast difference between wanting to change, and being prepared to do whatever it took to make those changes happen?

I don't believe we can change without making change first.

I guess the bottom line is what are you prepared to do?

SR? Dr? AA? some other group? counseling? rehab? change your lifestyle?

D
Old 05-14-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I found a way out at 22. What's taking you so long the best years of your life are ahead of you, if you will but take some action.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiel View Post

Why am I an alcoholic at 24.
Why did I love blacking out at 15.

why am I here.
I WANT change but something says no.
Hi. Try to forget the age factor. I'm an alcoholic because my body acts differently when alcohol is consumed compared to a large part of the population. I blacked out because I consumed too much alcohol because unknown to me I wanted to escape things instead of face them in a healthy way.
The something that held me drinking too long involved many reasons including being undisciplined and wanting to drink more than I wanted to be sober. Hopefully the desire will be strong enough before it's too late and you become a statistic.

BE WELL
Old 05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You will be ahead of the game to treat it now .

And don't go back .

Same experience as you ,and hardly drank from about 24 -30 .
Went back drinking for a while ,quit again .

Easy way -stop and stay stopped .
Old 05-15-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No point in worrying about the whys? instead it's more productive thinking about the whats? what is my life like now? and what do I want it to look like in the future?

The whys of waking up on the bathroom floor, blacking out into bed and living with horrendous hangovers won't fix anything, that is if we could actually figure out why some people have addicitons and others don't, such a debate could go on for a while.

The whats and the facts of the matter are your life isn't how you want it to be, so YOU need to find the want and motivation to change it.

The outcome won't change unless your life changes, but it can be done, we all had to take that leap of faith into the unknown!!