Notices

Is this usually prerequisite to seizure?!

Old 05-14-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this usually prerequisite to seizure?!

Im ok now, sober 5 days. Just wondering if someone has this effect and can explain what it might be. Not looking for medical advice just the experience you may have had. The answer I was able to find is that the brain is very excitable, if that is it.

For example during withdrawal say day 2/3 im ok home watching tv on couch. Then i have had to walk to the supermarket, and when i walk for some time i feel like my brain is starting going 60 miles an hr, and sometimes you kind of panic because you feel like momentarly 1 or 2 seconds it accelerates to 100 causing kind of quick jerk/panic... Hope i make sense..Any similar experiences?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I felt like I had drank six cups of coffee for the first week or so. That was awful, not being able to stop the speedy brain.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Honestly it kind of sounds like anxiety.

You are hypersensitive to things because you are used to being numbed out.

I don't think it sounds like withdrawals, but if you aren't feeling well, you should check in with a doctor and see what your blood pressure and other vitals are looking like.

IMHO, five days is around the worst time for withdrawals, but they are nothing to play with.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you need to see a doctor and probably a psychiatrist.

could just be withdrawal symptoms..could be anxiety or mania

sometimes during times when i didn't drink during my drinking times I would sort of jerk like that while lying down or trying to sleep. the central nervous system is used to be sedated so it will probably be in overdrive for a short while..i never had a seizure
Old 05-15-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
you need to see a doctor and probably a psychiatrist.

could just be withdrawal symptoms..could be anxiety or mania

sometimes during times when i didn't drink during my drinking times I would sort of jerk like that while lying down or trying to sleep. the central nervous system is used to be sedated so it will probably be in overdrive for a short while..i never had a seizure
I still occasionally do that now ,I never knew what it was .

Happens at least daily .

I noticed its worse when I fall asleep studying .,I wake up with a jerk like that .
Old 05-15-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also read about myoclonic jerking (lol sounds dirty) im just wondering if that would be considered mini seizures... I feel ok now, sleept pretty well today about 7 hrs..

Im guessing it could be anxiety.. I recently noticed for example when im at airport que checking in i get anxious for some reason hands a bit trembling, when i pass it i feel ok. Or recently i noticed when i was in a huge crowd with all the noise/crowds ex NYC i had a sip of pepsi and i got anxious for about 20 min, which i considered weird because i am from NYC and used to the crowds.. Maybe my anxiety hasnt been properly taken care of and its getting worse when i got old

Also i dont know if anyone has heard about beta blocker propranolol. In college i could not make a public presentation head trembling if i drank 60 cups of coffee. Was given propranolol to take 20 min before. Had the best presentation in class. Who knew, i heard it has to do with anxiety/stress but also too much adrenaline?
Old 05-15-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luke13 View Post
I also read about myoclonic jerking (lol sounds dirty) im just wondering if that would be considered mini seizures... I feel ok now, sleept pretty well today about 7 hrs..

Im guessing it could be anxiety.. I recently noticed for example when im at airport que checking in i get anxious for some reason hands a bit trembling, when i pass it i feel ok. Or recently i noticed when i was in a huge crowd with all the noise/crowds ex NYC i had a sip of pepsi and i got anxious for about 20 min, which i considered weird because i am from NYC and used to the crowds.. Maybe my anxiety hasnt been properly taken care of and its getting worse when i got old

Also i dont know if anyone has heard about beta blocker propranolol. In college i could not make a public presentation head trembling if i drank 60 cups of coffee. Was given propranolol to take 20 min before. Had the best presentation in class. Who knew, i heard it has to do with anxiety/stress but also too much adrenaline?
I notice it a lot more when im doing this experiment im working on now ,I try to listen to recorded study material while im sleeping . I normally jerk my feet so hard I wake up .

I also noticed the reduced caffine ,almost eliminated that .

I think it had to do with my subconscious mind absorbing the study topics while trying to sleep . And excessive caffine

And to answer the other question ,im consuming no alcohol . So its not that