Notices

Some people are SO negative ......

Old 05-14-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There are many amoung us that are not well and some are related to us. I believe the more pain and resentments people carry the greater the need to act out abnormally. Some take to alcohol and drugs, as in my case. Others have anger issues. Others, are passive aggressive and need to bring people down.

As you work a spiritual program, however, I tend to find what others do or say really has little impact on me. Developing the tools to deal with this and know that this negative energy is about the other person and not you is key.

Be like a duck and try to let stuff roll off your back. I am guilty as any of having negative energy and absorbing...but I am makign a valid attempt to work these skills into my life daily.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Me too J.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I know there are some people who can leave their Mom and Dad, for various reasons. I'm not that person. Mom drives me crazy. She also is someone I talk to everyday, even when she is here in Alaska and I'm back in Utah. I can't do anything right. Most things are a fight. She is judgmental and rude. My Dad does everything for her and she does not appear to appreciate it at all. Sister and I cook for her, and she can't help but pick it apart. (She hasn't cooked in years). She is severely depressed and is in terrible physical shape. Each time I see her, she reverts further and further into childlike behavior. She is terribly critical. But she is my Mom. She would lay down her life for me. I pray to God she passes before my Dad. She cannot take care of herself. I don't know what my sister and I would do. Anyway, yes she is negative and difficult. But she is my Mom so I will suck it up and come up here every chance I get until she is no longer with us. And then I will be devastated

My opinion as well ,I don't want to feel guilty later ,Odd thing is my mother has PERFECT health ,She eats a 100% hypoglycemia diet ,and it has served her very well.

I guess im used to the dogging now ,I let it pass without internalizing the words . That has taken some time to get in place for a mental plan .
Old 05-14-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For me this is down to simply growing up over the last few years, its as crazy as choosing to take a drink as it us to continually choose to be involved with a negative parent. It took me until 40 to work that out and put in some healthy boundaries.

And yes i am sure if i was born in an orphanage in a third world country i would love to have contact with a negative parent rather than not have one at all...but i wasn't!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
For me this is down to simply growing up over the last few years, its as crazy as choosing to take a drink as it us to continually choose to be involved with a negative parent. It took me until 40 to work that out and put in some healthy boundaries.

And yes i am sure if i was born in an orphanage in a third world country i would love to have contact with a negative parent rather than not have one at all...but i wasn't!

Be happy you found it at 40 - was a bit late to the party
Old 05-14-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
Be happy you found it at 40 - was a bit late to the party
It's never too late for this party:-)