Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Scared to death- Xanax/Vicodin withdrawal at once.

Notices

Scared to death- Xanax/Vicodin withdrawal at once.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Unhappy Scared to death- Xanax/Vicodin withdrawal at once.

I was at the E.R. yesterday due to running out of my Xanax, I take 3MG of Xanax a day or more, and I'm just really stuck right now and the anxiety is out of control. Worse even my Vicodin I only have one pill of that left and I have no clue what to do, I don't know if there are any detox centers in my area or something to help me, I mean I was already at the E.R. yesterday for over 7 hours ... I'm just so afraid, I'm stuck and I'm beyond lost... I am just very- very lost, and of course inflicted with major fear. Can anyone help me?... please.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go back to the ER and/or call your doctor immediately if you need to. Google detox centers, substance abuse help lines or hotlines, or contact the salvation army or rescue mission, even if none of these are super local they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Take care of yourself!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have an opiate problem- so I understand you on that.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

It's the weekend, my doctor isn't there... I don't think the ER would want to see me again- the symptoms are out of control ... I can barely think, move, react... everything is so slow, and of course my paranoia is high... contact them? I kind of live in a rural area that's my problem, do you think I can get help in a place like Honesdale PA?
Old 05-10-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It does not matter if the ER "wants" to see you are not. Their job is to take care of people and that includes you. What other option do you have? Sit there and suffer horribly?
I am so sorry you are going thru this. It sounds awful. Please get some help so you can get some relief.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

They probably hate me by now, and plus they don't want me showing up again when they already gave me a little Xanax plan of a "few pills" to get me through the weekend, I'm just so stuck.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, you asked for help and I cannot possibly think of another solution. Maybe try your doctor anyway. Sometimes their voicemails will have a number to call in case of an emergency.
I highly doubt the ER will "hate" you anyway. And if they do, so what? They have a job to do. Worse case scenario is some may possibly mildly annoyed and you get the help you need. There is a good chance anyway that it is an entirely different staff there anyway who wont even know who you are.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ER , cannot refuse you .

Go back
Old 05-10-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You said they gave you enough Xanax to get you thru the weekend. Are you out already that you need to go back? The ER is not for refills but for true emergencies. I hope you find a way out of this.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I still have those Xes, 3 of them for the weekend, so that is why they would not want to see me back for sure...
Old 05-10-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Paulos

I'd try *really* hard to make those Xanax last.

Have you spoken to you Dr about your problems with running out?

D