Notices

OKAY - advice on optimum preformance ?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
How do you have time to be a fulltime farmer, work a fulltime job in addition, study for exams and post/reply/begin so many threads?
I don't watch TV , or hardly any other forms of media .

Very little other social media .

My classes are online , save page , flip here , then flip back .

On break right now at full time job , when off work .
On the farm , I check in when I'm eating .

It's my recreation , so to speak .

Many times I'll scan this site for a few minutes ,as time allows .

A lot of the time I'm on my phone .
Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Heya bud
I would relax myself after studying..meditate however and get some rest.
I would keep it simple and just tell myself "I am going to ace this"...
...I would listen to top gun or eye of the tiger just before going in...but that's just me
Old 05-11-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

First, there are many natural sleep methods. I hope you have figured that out by now. Sleep is crucial to health and optimum well-being.

Diet and exercise are also important for optimum health.

If you have awhile until the test, what has worked for me is to do multiple forms of studying - review video-tape lectures, read material, and the most effective: make index cards with key questions on one side and answers on the other - and drill yourself constantly. It helps with retaining short-term memory stuff that tests often require.

I would also take vitamins - can't hurt and often helps. B vitamins are especially important for alcoholics, "they" say.

If you have test anxiety, try EFT (You Tube).
Old 05-11-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have also taken plenty of exams in my life. Like some others said, it depends what kind of learning material and exams they are, plus sometimes our motivational patterns.

When I was in college, was working multiple jobs in parallel with my studies and had very little free time. I took a lot of exams using a binge/purge method: sit down the day before the exam and study nearly till time to go take it, with 2-3-4 hours of sleep as an interruption. It's not a good method with stuff that you cannot be superficial with and that requires lots of creative thought processes, but worked for me with material that I just had to throw in short term memory, then throw up, and don't care anymore.

With learning and material that you care for and want it to stick well, I would recommend a balanced "diet" of studying a few hours daily, eating and sleeping regularly, and taking time for relaxing recreational activities daily. Like others said, lots of self-testing. Then don't study at all on the night before the exam.

Also, have you ever taken tests to determine your dominant learning styles (methods that work best for your cognitive style)? I've found this very helpful. I, for example, learn best through reading and writing. Have usually no problem sitting in one place (or laying down comfortably) for long hours reading and writing and processing all that (haha, people can probably tell from my SR contributions). Other people learn best using lots of visual cues. Again others, learning activities that involve many practical things, moving around, physical engagement. Google "learning styles" if interested, lots of info and also tests online.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
I have also taken plenty of exams in my life. Like some others said, it depends what kind of learning material and exams they are, plus sometimes our motivational patterns.

When I was in college, was working multiple jobs in parallel with my studies and had very little free time. I took a lot of exams using a binge/purge method: sit down the day before the exam and study nearly till time to go take it, with 2-3-4 hours of sleep as an interruption. It's not a good method with stuff that you cannot be superficial with and that requires lots of creative thought processes, but worked for me with material that I just had to throw in short term memory, then throw up, and don't care anymore.

With learning and material that you care for and want it to stick well, I would recommend a balanced "diet" of studying a few hours daily, eating and sleeping regularly, and taking time for relaxing recreational activities daily. Like others said, lots of self-testing. Then don't study at all on the night before the exam.

Also, have you ever taken tests to determine your dominant learning styles (methods that work best for your cognitive style)? I've found this very helpful. I, for example, learn best through reading and writing. Have usually no problem sitting in one place (or laying down comfortably) for long hours reading and writing and processing all that (haha, people can probably tell from my SR contributions). Other people learn best using lots of visual cues. Again others, learning activities that involve many practical things, moving around, physical engagement. Google "learning styles" if interested, lots of info and also tests online.

I fully intend to have the audio book playing when I fall asleep .
Im going to try to program it into the subconscious .