Notices

Letting go of the past.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Huntingtontx,

Congratulations on 10 months!

You're right, we can survive the feelings. Troublesome ones will pass if we but let them, like clouds crossing the sky.
We can grow and thrive in recovery!
Happy for you!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 months! That's great.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great post Huntington - congratulations on your 10 months

D
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations on 10 months Huntington Thank You for sharing that - Gives me hope.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 months Huntington!

I think for what ever reason we start drinking that pain just grows...and grows. And we defer learning the critical life skills. To deal with pain, disappointment and stress...and we lose our ability to believe in ourselves.

Every time I've looked to a drink, I've subliminally sent myself a message, "you don't have the ability to deal with this"....til eventually it became life itself I wasn't dealing with....good or bad.

I'm glad you are 10 months free of that, Huntington!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Thanks for this post and for always being super cool and encouraging.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I was thinking about this post and how easy it is to become a prisoner of our thoughts. Many of us have had horrific things happen to us or have done them to ourselfe or others. The thing is that it's not that easy to just let go and move forward.

When we smash thru the illusion of thoughts and accept them as just thoughts offering love and forgiveness to all of them it doesn't mean that we are fine and dandy with all of those things that haunt us. Nothing could be further from the truth. When we break thru the veil of illusion and see whats really there we find that we were lost and caught up in delusional thinking. The same holds true for those that harmed us, they may have been even sicker than we were and even more caught up in the dream world of such thinking.

If you think about it, when you see thru a con artist and know he's selling you snake oil you can no longer be fooled by his seduction. Isn't our mind and thought process much like that?
Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=BackToSquareOne;4640174
When we smash thru the illusion of thoughts and accept them as just thoughts offering love and forgiveness to all of them it doesn't mean that we are fine and dandy with all of those things that haunt us. Nothing could be further from the truth. When we break thru the veil of illusion and see whats really there we find that we were lost and caught up in delusional thinking. The same holds true for those that harmed us, they may have been even sicker than we were and even more caught up in the dream world of such thinking.

If you think about it, when you see thru a con artist and know he's selling you snake oil you can no longer be fooled by his seduction. Isn't our mind and thought process much like that?[/QUOTE]

That is well put. Many of us have been so hurt we really do have to smash through. It is something we can not do when we are drinking. And it is something we must do when we stop, so we can heal. Thank you Backtosquareone.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
I was thinking about this post and how easy it is to become a prisoner of our thoughts. Many of us have had horrific things happen to us or have done them to ourselfe or others. The thing is that it's not that easy to just let go and move forward.

If you think about it, when you see thru a con artist and know he's selling you snake oil you can no longer be fooled by his seduction. Isn't our mind and thought process much like that?

I love, when we smash through. It is exactly how it feels. We can't smash through when we are drinking, but we must smash through to heal. I like what you said.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Keep on keeping on