Notices

Low blood sugar ,better

Old 05-08-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Low blood sugar ,better

Reduced caffeine ,A known problem in low blood sugar .

Reduced nicotine use .

Ate better yesterday ,more carbs and fiber .

I have an idea what to do ,Its just doing it .

I get busy and neglect eating ,I forget actually .
Old 05-08-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah caffine will do that to you. I think nicotine also if i recall. more carbs and fiber is the key and dont skip meals!!! Lot of people I know with this issue tend to skip meals then wonder why there so angry etc...

I gave up caffine ions ago realized I didnt miss it after i got through the initial few days. If you eat good you'll have 0 need for caffine. I sadly picked it back up when we had a new baby and i was getting no sleep again. But I've since put it back down again and feel great without it. Caffine makes me nuts anymore gets my mind going a bit too quick and not in a good way.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Got some glucerna , Actually low sugar , but protein and carbs . They are small ,so can be drank in a minute . Actually ,from my beer days ,I learned to drink quick .Finally found a use for being able to slam down fluid quick

It does not taste bad .

Processed white sugar ,is discouraged for people with low blood sugar .

It burns off too fast and another drop .

http://glucerna.com/
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well i think reduced nicotine and caffeine is a good thing. i stopped all the nicotine in my life 15 years ago, as for the caffeine, well i am working on that, love my morning coffee.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't think the morning coffee is a deal breaker ,But a pot of coffee and running around a hundred thousand square foot building ,under stress .

While forgetting to eat and skipping meals ,will NOT work for me .

I feel Horrible some days ,just power through .

I think the nicotine is as harmful as anything im doing on a regular basis , rest of the Stuff I use is OTC or RX .

Mostly sleep meds ,or anxiety .

I suspect if the nicotine were eliminated ,it would reduce need for the sleep meds .

I find the nyquill z-quill not to be the best for me either , The alcohol does not set up a craving , but either works the next day and I feel groggy ,or it does not make me sleep .
Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah your all over the map with caffine nicotine then meds for anxiety. that'll make anyones head spin. It'll be nice if 1 by 1 you can put them all down its amazing how much energy we got naturally when we are not putting all sorts of other stuff in our systems but only puttin gin good food and thats it.

I woulda never believed it till I finally hit that point. Now a med for a headache even does me wrong. thankfully its really rare i ever need anything.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yea i stopped smoking about 15 years ago. there were so many positive differences. about after a month or so, i no longer stank like tobacco, craved a cig, food tasted better, coughed less, breathed easier, just to name a few. also i had little bit more money, matter in fact, i had enough extra money, i bought a new motor cycle by payments with the extra money and never noticed the difference.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by karate View Post
I don't think the morning coffee is a deal breaker ,But a pot of coffee and running around a hundred thousand square foot building ,under stress .

While forgetting to eat and skipping meals ,will NOT work for me .

I feel Horrible some days ,just power through .

I think the nicotine is as harmful as anything im doing on a regular basis , rest of the Stuff I use is OTC or RX .

Mostly sleep meds ,or anxiety .

I suspect if the nicotine were eliminated ,it would reduce need for the sleep meds .

I find the nyquill z-quill not to be the best for me either , The alcohol does not set up a craving , but either works the next day and I feel groggy ,or it does not make me sleep .
Have you ever actually sat down with your doctor and looked at the whole picture of what you are taking and doing with your life? That might be a good idea.

From what I can tell from above you are taking:

1. Lots of caffiene
2. Nicotine most of the day
3. OTC sleep meds with alcohol
4. RX anxiety drugs

Plus, you are skipping meals and running around like a chicken with your head cut off. And on top of that you are trying to just 'power through" it all, while also recently quitting alcohol and trying to stay sober. Somethign's gotta give at some point, and most likely it will either be your sobriety or your health. Take a step back and get some outside help to regroup.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
yeah your all over the map with caffine nicotine then meds for anxiety. that'll make anyones head spin. It'll be nice if 1 by 1 you can put them all down its amazing how much energy we got naturally when we are not putting all sorts of other stuff in our systems but only puttin gin good food and thats it.

I woulda never believed it till I finally hit that point. Now a med for a headache even does me wrong. thankfully its really rare i ever need anything.

You are RIGHT !!!!!!!!

Im making an evaluation of my diet and meds , The benzo"s
I never take 2 days in a row .

My doctor said if you never ,use a substance two days in a row ,you cant become addicted .

I think he is right ,But rotating benzo"s ,nyquill ,z quill , ect
4Nights a week when I work full time job-is not healthy either .

Im not doing my body as much abuse as I used to ,But I agree its in need of a mild Detox, from meds ,caffine ,and nicotine overload .

Im having great luck with the Glucerna ,shakes . High protein ,and low sugar . And the belvida breakfast crackers . they work well too ,Can also eat on the go .

Its imperative ,I keep quick snacks ,that travel easily .

Im going to get a small cooler for work ,keep fruit and glucerna shakes cold .
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post
You are RIGHT !!!!!!!!

Im making an evaluation of my diet and meds , The benzo"s
I never take 2 days in a row .

My doctor said if you never ,use a substance two days in a row ,you cant become addicted .

I think he is right ,But rotating benzo"s ,nyquill ,z quill , ect
4Nights a week when I work full time job-is not healthy either .

Im not doing my body as much abuse as I used to ,But I agree its in need of a mild Detox, from meds ,caffine ,and nicotine overload .

Sounds like your addiction is very active with other subtances, you depend on them. Ever consider working the AA program with a sponsor. Get to the bottom of all this.

Why are you taking nyquil? Nyquil has alcohol in it.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

yep your probably torching your adrenal glands etc.. I was bad I took a pill to make me feel however i felt i should at any moment. I used to drink my brains out then take a couple ibprofins and a sleeping pill so i'd stay down and all the booze would give me body aches so the ibprofin would help with that. THen i'd wake up and more ibprofin it was to kill the headache then A pot of coffee to jump start the heart for the day. Then I'd wine I felt edgy and such so i'd start drinking or at one time smoken dope etc.. Day in and day out i did this.

When i cut out the booze i left all the rest of the garbage in my routine. I still didnt feel great out of sheer desperation i started eliminating it all and eating better one by one i ditched one pill or vice. It took a while and it was hard for my body to adjust. I still dont think i've fully adjusted But i feel a lot better and I have a routine i've settled into so that I can feel pretty decent throughout the entire day.

If we needed all these substances they'd grow on trees. Oh wait they do just not in refined concentrated forms that normally are not very good for us.

and your right about the slow detox too. Its really tough to gauge what is a symptom of detox and what is a true problem that may need some medical advice on etc.. I had to suck it up and wait it out things eased up in time.

Sometimes I get mad at the end of the day if i'm tired. I get mad how come i'm tired aaaaaa and i have to remind myself its late I'm not superman and with all i did that day i SHOULD be tired its time for bed etc..!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Sounds like your addiction is very active with other subtances, you depend on them. Ever consider working the AA program with a sponsor. Get to the bottom of all this.

Why are you taking nyquil? Nyquil has alcohol in it.

Have BAD seasonal allergies at times ,only take nyquill when they are bad .
I use a sinus rinser too.

Nyquill cuts the sinus headache ,and mucus .
Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Have you ever actually sat down with your doctor and looked at the whole picture of what you are taking and doing with your life? That might be a good idea.

From what I can tell from above you are taking:

1. Lots of caffiene
2. Nicotine most of the day
3. OTC sleep meds with alcohol
4. RX anxiety drugs

Plus, you are skipping meals and running around like a chicken with your head cut off. And on top of that you are trying to just 'power through" it all, while also recently quitting alcohol and trying to stay sober. Somethign's gotta give at some point, and most likely it will either be your sobriety or your health. Take a step back and get some outside help to regroup.

You are totally correct ,Im still not going 100% chemical free .

But as strange as this sounds ,I feel very good on off days . Not being hungover .

I feel so much BETTER ,its time to slowly reduce the other substances .

I feel decent on about 2/3 of the work days ,Oh I forgot to say ,one of the second jobs I have -I work evenings (:

When I had ,The farming going big ,and 2 part time jobs ,Ill bet I was working 100 hours a week .

I come from a line of SUPER DRIVEN ,hard charging ,high energy people .
As odd as this sounds my family all have lived to be very old 90+years old
Most of them work above 80 years old .
I have stepped back from some of the work ,the calm"er approach to life has allowed me to not feel like "im always behind "

The caffine and nicotine reduction is already bearing fruit .

My RX anxiety med use is very low . Don't need them near as much .
Old 05-08-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

anxiety can be caused by caffine nicotine and booze so yeah it'd make sense you lower the culprits you wont need the RX's for anxiety!

I'm envious of your farming its osmething I'd like to get into personally. I dont have enough land to do anything big tho. I simply have chickens and a huge garden.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
anxiety can be caused by caffine nicotine and booze so yeah it'd make sense you lower the culprits you wont need the RX's for anxiety!

I'm envious of your farming its osmething I'd like to get into personally. I dont have enough land to do anything big tho. I simply have chickens and a huge garden.

Farming is a burden ,some of the time with a full time job .

I have a love/hate relationship with it .

I love it more than I hate it though .

Always ,and I mean ALWAYS ,something broken ,flat tires ,flat tires and more flat tires .I would bet we have 100 tires on the ground at all times . Likley 100 would not be enough
Tires that are only used seasonally ,rust around the bead ,and leak . Its a TOTAL DRAG .

Ask anyone that farms about tires and they will get a sour look on their face .

Ill bet I have 20 spares ,Problem is the tire I need is NEVER on the WHEEL I need , at least 10 different sets of bolt patterns
Break them down by hand ,and get FILTHY ,and Sweat your buns off ,at 100 degrees .

When I was drinking id scream and cuss and drink 4 beers per tire , now I still consume a lot of Gatorade and water ,while busting tires .
And don't get mad .

I try to have tires on the implement I need WAY beforehand ,so its not a CRUNCH TIME ,emergency . That helps a lot .

I have at least 4 tires to deal with right now ,as always .

It does not make me mad now ,But I will go as far to say it is aggravating ,that's a strong enough term for something like that problem .

I make great effort to use the correct response to the situation .

People ask me all the time "Why do you change your own tires " ,Its simple ,the 4 I have to do now would cost about 80$ to have changed ,and likely go flat ,because the tire man would not clean the beads correctly .