Notices

Free alochol samples at wal mart !

Old 05-06-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free alochol samples at wal mart !

I don't know what kind of beer it was ,But they had a very attractive young girl giving away samples .

I declined a sample , told her she did not have enough beer for me to sample

The alcohol industry is keenly aware ,of what they are doing .
And aware of the problem it causes people .

A 24 oz beer in some brands is now a 25 ounce - a free ounce .

Im not offended by being offered a free sample . Its not the fault of alcohol companies ,the problems .

No more than the gun companies are to blame for gun deaths .
Old 05-06-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by karate View Post
The alcohol industry is keenly aware ,of what they are doing .And aware of the problem it causes people .
Fortunately we have the power and knowledge to make the alcohol companies and what they know or do completely irrelevant. Even if the alcohol industry were completely eliminated from the face of the earth, people would find a way to get high/drunk/stoned. What's vastly more important is understanding your addiction and learning to live without said substances.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Fortunately we have the power and knowledge to make the alcohol companies and what they know or do completely irrelevant. Even if the alcohol industry were completely eliminated from the face of the earth, people would find a way to get high/drunk/stoned. What's vastly more important is understanding your addiction and learning to live without said substances.

Agree Fully !

The fact that people drink mouthwash ,and cough syrup ,along with other very harmful chemicals they experiment with .

Most intoxicants are poisons ,Being drunk is a light case of alcohol poisoning .
Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I ran into the same situation recently, Karate. It was in an out of state grocery store where all types of alcohol are sold in the main section of the store. I have learned to expect it when I am visiting that state BUT the last time I was there some sort of a promotion was going on and there was a promoter at either end of the aisles who was offering free samples. While I am far enough along in sobriety not to have been triggered, I did think of all of those who were struggling and what an assault to their efforts it might have been; they may have been prepared to ignore the liquor aisles but unprepared form the young, attractive promoter offering a sample or two.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I ran into the same situation recently, Karate. It was in an out of state grocery store where all types of alcohol are sold in the main section of the store. I have learned to expect it when I am visiting that state BUT the last time I was there some sort of a promotion was going on and there was a promoter at either end of the aisles who was offering free samples. While I am far enough along in sobriety not to have been triggered, I did think of all of those who were struggling and what an assault to their efforts it might have been; they may have been prepared to ignore the liquor aisles but unprepared form the young, attractive promoter offering a sample or two.

CANNOT AVOID IT ,HERE .......ggggggrrrrrrr

Bottled water on same isle .

Its like a drug dealer ,offering a free sample .

The alcohol industry is likely very aware who consumes their products .

Ill bet they have researchers ,full time .
And I will bet ,those researchers have more time to research .....
Than a farmer ,researching part time

A little bit of research .

http://www.alcoholaddiction.info/alc...statistics.htm
Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It would be foolish to think that ANY industry doesn't do research on who it's customers are. Whether it's a Seed company, a beermaker, an electronics manufacturer or a clothing maker, they won't go far if they don't know what they are selling and who they are selling it to. Heck, people can become addicted to shopping itself.

Bottom line, you can't change any of that. You can change how you react to it though.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
It would be foolish to think that ANY industry doesn't do research on who it's customers are. Whether it's a Seed company, a beermaker, an electronics manufacturer or a clothing maker, they won't go far if they don't know what they are selling and who they are selling it to. Heck, people can become addicted to shopping itself.

Bottom line, you can't change any of that. You can change how you react to it though.

Agreed ,However the seed companies FAIL ,on their sales .

They want to send out a fellow wearing the latest in western clothes ,driving a 60k pickup .

This fellow will be a master salesman ,But will fail to connect with older ,conservative farmers like myself .

I know someone paid for all that stuff ,And its the coustomers .
Ill pass
Old 05-06-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Than a farmer ,researching part time
A little bit of research .
Let me see if I got this straight...

I tried some gawd awful alcoholic beverages just because of the cutie in the short skirt handing out free samples. OF ALCOHOL!!!

good to see you kara-tay, looks like you got voted immunity
Old 05-06-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Let me see if I got this straight...

I tried some gawd awful alcoholic beverages just because of the cutie in the short skirt handing out free samples. OF ALCOHOL!!!

good to see you kara-tay, looks like you got voted immunity

I did not sample any , but I had a good idea of the outcome already .
Old 05-06-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Who cares if they are handing out samples of beer? My store hands out samples of everything. From wine to ice cream to granola to pound cake. What does it matter. They are trying to sell things no matter what the consumer. Walk on by if it doesn't interest you.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just did not think it was right ,in a family type setting .

But everyone has an opinion ,And Wally"s did not need my permission to have beer samples