Notices

honest desire

Old 05-06-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question honest desire

I have a honest desire to stop drinking and drugging. I know this is an alcoholism section of sr and I am an alcoholic. Alcohol doesn't work for me like it did when I was younger and hasn't for a long time. I used Xanax took 8mg pass out for 18hrs took 2.5 suboxene strips puked smoked weed and hallucinated and heard voices and became delusional and drank all on different days weed and drinken the last all in a week. Not a big druggy but alcohol turned on me was a friend now a enenmy so I tried to mix it with stuff to see if it make me feel like I did when I was young didn't work. Thing is I never really took drugs until I srarted drinken every day 6or7 years ago would take vicoden for hangovers ended up addicted to them lost everything cuz I went to rehab got my job back went back to just drinkin and lost my job. They put me on benzos didn't know they hit the same receptors as alcohol used to shake like a leaf in between doses. Now I stop drinkin for four years then relapsed drinkin and it wasn't long till I took drugs. So if I can solve the drink problem I can solve the drug problem with it. The delusion that alcohol will eventually work again is very strong its like Im spinnin a roullete wheel trying to get it get it work and I always lose have now for a year and a half.But what can I do I did the AA thing did all the steps made all my amends debt free family and friends love me Im a better person because of it but yet I still drink.Its not I got to or have to its I want to not stop but stay sober the rest of my life. Have any of you stayed sober without AA AA cant be the only way. Hopiung for spontaneous remission.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I quit drinking with the help of my addiction counselor and daily visits to this site. It's been working for me for over four years now.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
I have a honest desire to stop drinking and drugging....Hoping for spontaneous remission.
I want to spontaneously be fit enough to run a marathon. Should I just wait for that to happen?

On the otherhand, if I have a honest desire to run a marathon, maybe I should work hard every day to meet that goal.

That's how I feel about my recovery and living the sober life. It's not about hoping, it's about doing.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Angry

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I want to spontaneously be fit enough to run a marathon. Should I just wait for that to happen?

On the otherhand, if I have a honest desire to run a marathon, maybe I should work hard every day to meet that goal.

That's how I feel about my recovery and living the sober life. It's not about hoping, it's about doing.

Now that's a great post .

Well done ,Sir
Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry things are tough right now.

This is possibly not going to help, but AA is the only thing that has ever helped me stop, and stay stopped drinking. It wasn't so much doing the steps, as living in the principles that helped. More of a process than an event, if you like....

Lots of people find alternative routes, and I really hope you find the way that works for you, and the one which helps you lead a good and full life, free of addiction.

Wish you well
Old 05-06-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with least.

No one forces that drink into your mouth.

It is a decision. If you have to make that decision thirty times a day, that's what you do. It gets easier.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes ,im sober without regular AA attendance .

What you are doing is dangerous ,it can cause cross addaction .

I recommend seing a professional .

Benzo withdrawal can kill .

Why in the world take 8mg ?

I have a friend with PSTD ,war veteran . he is rx 2mg a night .
My amount is 1mg klonopin ,get 15 of them a month .

8MG ,is an insane amount of benzos .

Benzos are BAD ....... they should not be taken for recreation .....NEVER .
Old 05-06-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
It's not about hoping, it's about doing.
AKA - Faith without works is dead.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody
Old 05-06-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
Thanks everybody
So the million dollar question is? What are you going to do to get sober? What is your plan to make the necessary changes in your life?
Old 05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can stop indeed.

A quick visit to your doctor won't hurt and give a free mind to do this safely.