Notices

This will be interesting ....

Old 05-01-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

disregard double post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Feeling better is what set me up for my relapses - it stopped being as important for me to focus on abstinence. I'm only now coming around to figuring out how to avoid getting sucked back into old habits when the immediate problems from drinking fade.

Hang in there.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karate View Post

I really don't have time to go to AA , it's busy time coming up on the farm ..
your words from another thread:

....im off today....
Old 05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It will only be interesting if you let it be Karate. We all need to work on our sobriety in some way, it doesn't just "happen". Maybe AA is for you, maybe not, but just "feeling good" wont' cut it. You are already bargaining with yourself mere days into sobriety, and that's absolutely an indication that you might be headed for a drinking again if you don't do something to keep it from happening.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
your words from another thread:

....im off today....

I count im off today as in off from regular 50 hour week job .

I count working on farm as being off ,yes flawed thinking I guess .
Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Why could SR ,not be my program ?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What im looking for is an insurance policy ,AA might be just
a right fit for that.

I have accepted there are people that know alot more than i do about being sober .

Somehow being sober ,totally has opened my eyes to what life can be -wihout hangovers ,depression ,regret ,anxeiy ,aches and pains ,Insommia ,
anger , and everything else .

Did i leave anyhing out

I am fearful of going back ,if that makes any sense .
It all makes sense.

SR could be your program but in 1300 posts you have not learned a thing. At what point are you going to realise this is not working for you. I mean I can paste links of your past posts and they are identical to the ones you post this week. You are trapped in a vicious cycle.

Knowing something does not make it so...action is just as important and even more so with sobriety. In a process where putting one foot in front of the other matters you are tripping over your own feet.

AA has helped millions who all thought they were unique. My guess is I bet a few of the guys in your local meeting have probably come up with a few thoughts on sugar, glucose, execise etc. Just going you might find others you can relate to in real life.

The steps are tried and true and a way of life. A different life from what most of us addicts/alcoholics are acustomed too. They require actions and willingness to do things different. When you get sick of being sick these offer a solution.

If something is important enough like your life, you make the time.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
It all makes sense.

SR could be your program but in 1300 posts you have not learned a thing. At what point are you going to realise this is not working for you. I mean I can paste links of your past posts and they are identical to the ones you post this week. You are trapped in a vicious cycle.

Knowing something does not make it so...action is just as important and even more so with sobriety. In a process where putting one foot in front of the other matters you are tripping over your own feet.

AA has helped millions who all thought they were unique. My guess is I bet a few of the guys in your local meeting have probably come up with a few thoughts on sugar, glucose, execise etc. Just going you might find others you can relate to in real life.

The steps are tried and true and a way of life. A different life from what most of us addicts/alcoholics are acustomed too. They require actions and willingness to do things different. When you get sick of being sick these offer a solution.

If something is important enough like your life, you make the time.

Nah ,im no different than anyone else that excessively drank .

I have 3 dogs ,all different breeds and sizes , but at the end of the day they are still a dog .
Old 05-01-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Why could SR ,not be my program ?
It could be. Anything could for that matter, but in my personal opinion just "feeling good" is not a program.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
There are other possibilities besides SR and AA. There are myriad combinations and ways. What have you researched? When a problem comes up on the farm, how do you solve it? Do you just hope it goes away? If any given solution doesn't solve the problem satisfactorily, do you just give up? If a solution seems plausible, do you try it out?

In life and on the farm, it's not necessarily wrong action that will cause you to fail, but rather inaction.

And lots of people do use SR alone.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
It could be. Anything could for that matter, but in my personal opinion just "feeling good" is not a program.

I did make 5 years on feeling good ,but to be honest I cannot figure out how or why I drank the first one .
Old 05-01-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How you drank the first one?
I bet it was just the exact same way you and I drank all the other ones: raise the bottle, put it to lips, tilt, open, swallow.
WHY you drank the first one? Confusing, yes, and, for me, a real pissoff when I couldn't figure out the WHY of why I did this over and over when it was so insane to do again....and again...

karate, what could possibly be interesting here?

Same old same old is not interesting.

Excuses and rationalizations dressed as "reasons" aren't interesting whatsoever.....we're only too familiar with them from our own mostly boring drinking history.

Feelings come and feelings go.
No basis there for any kind of foundation for a sober life.