Notices

Powdered Alcohol Product Nearing Release

Old 04-20-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Powdered Alcohol Product Nearing Release

'Palcohol' is powdered Alcohol in a Packet now being Patented for Market release. From the Product Website:

Everything you need to know about Palcohol

'Sometimes liquid isn't convenient. Because Palcohol is powder and very light, you can take it just about anywhere to enjoy a cocktail! That's why we say: "Take your Pal wherever you go." Please use it responsibly and legally. Don't consume Palcohol and drive.'

Also reported in the U.S. Washington Times yesterday...

U.K. Newspaper Article on Palcohol

Palcohol Website
Old 04-20-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

These products really mystify me. I heard someone talking about smoking alcohol. Why would anyone but someone with a drinking problem want them? They are selling addiction.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not only are they selling addiction, but they are now making it a lot easier to hide. Which I assume will become popular amongst teenagers and young adults. This is a dangerous road they are trekking.....
Old 04-20-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Well, that's what I call a HUGE recipe for disaster! The release of this product actually scares me.

Please use it responsibly and legally.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Any person who has to be concerned about being a situation where they would need to have a convenient packet because they can't make it to a location to purchase a drink should be thinking twice.

I can see nothing but bad coming from this. In fact, I just asked a person who is an extreme "normie" who could can yuck it up at happy hour, parties with their friends occasionally and only drinks enough to get a glow if they would purchase this. I got a firm no. Then I thought about it and this person is a beer drinker so I rephrased and said "But what if this was beer flavored?" The answer was this "If I want a beer I'll go buy a beer, anyone who would need to carry around a packet with them just in case they needed a drink is not doing it for convenience, they're doing it because they have a problem. This product is for problem drinkers and alcoholics, point blank".

I agree, this is bad stuff and very scary.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Ok, I am going to retract under one circumstance and one circumstance alone where I can see this as plausible. If you're a normie and going hiking and camping and would like to have a drink around the campfire at night. I can see the convenience of not having to cart bottles of liquor or beer while hiking.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Ok, I am going to retract under one circumstance and one circumstance alone where I can see this as plausible. If you're a normie and going hiking and camping and would like to have a drink around the campfire at night. I can see the convenience of not having to cart bottles of liquor or beer while hiking.
I was thinking the same thing.
THEN I got into my alky thinking: I could have it in case someone dropped in and I'd have something to offer, take it on 12 step calls or on the way to a detox and my best alky thinking, JUST IN CASE!

BE WELL
Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Though I can see many problems arise from this product, the first thing I thought of was the possibility of using it for first aid. I wonder if you can use it to sterilize a scalpel or needle, or to disinfect a wound.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Back when I was still drinking I went to a liquor store down here and the sold vodka in little 2oz plastic packs (think mcdonalds ketchup packs). I asked the guy working there what they were for and he said to sneak into football games, concerts, etc. When they make something that convenient, it's got to be marketed to alcoholics.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Maybe. This would be an awesome normie pole. I would guess most of them would not care if they had a drink around the campfire or not.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Maybe. This would be an awesome normie pole. I would guess most of them would not care if they had a drink around the campfire or not.
That's funny because when I came up with that reasoning the same thing was said. Most people who are hiking and camping probably wouldn't even be considering alcohol as a staple.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

...............and there goes the brain. Wow, in total honesty do you know one of the first things that came to mind was when I read about this product?

So can you drink it and it won't smell like you've had a drink?

The brain of an addict amazes me. Feeling pretty secure for the most part about sobriety and still, even still, my brain goes THERE.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bad idea , I'll bet some people will add 4 packets .

For sure marketed to alocholics .

Same as the average person does not carry a flask
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The end of the article is pretty creepy , imo

"The site also suggested that users add Palcohol to their food: "Sprinkle Palcohol on almost any dish and give it an extra kick. Some of our favourites are the Kamikaze in guacamole, Rum on a BBQ sandwich, Cosmo on a salad and Vodka on eggs in the morning to start your day off right. Experiment."

Experiment indeed , ...just don't include any innocent woman and children.

The fruity alcohol drinks marketed to kids, is one thing , ...but this beats all I ever stepped in.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

It has been along time but I remember when I had an off switch. The only place I ever drank was at a bar and then I would drink slowly to avoid getting drunk. Once I hit 3 drinks I was done. Regular people do not like the feeling of getting drunk. Regular people would be more worried about bringing the making of smores than a bottle. They probably wouldn't even want to drink if they had activities planned for the next day. That is why I can't imagine a normal person interested in these products. You can abuse alcohol to the point where it becomes a huge problem. That is what these products encourage IMO.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I would hide the bag in my pocket and just pour it on my tongue and chase it with soda. It would be so easy to hide that stuff and get rid of the evidence. This is truly just another delivery system to get the drug to the addict. A petition should be started against it.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Grateful

Vodka on eggs in the morning to start your day off right.
For that morning drinker who is too shaky to hold a glass.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My first thought was fear.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EndGame

My alcoholic self thought this was a great idea when I first read about it last week. I also wondered why it wasn't available sooner.

Just like fruit-flavored malt drinks are targeted at kids, I think this falls in the same category, though I wonder if a torn packet qualifies as an open container while driving. I noticed that the early iterations of these freeze-dried drinks are intended to produce fruity drinks. For better or worse, those among us who are active alcoholics will invent new ways to hide our drinking; this is a quantum leap for sneaky drinkers.

It also speaks to the millions of sports fans who, during the past two or three decades or so were no longer permitted to bring alcoholic beverages into their favorite stadium or arena. The prices for beer or other drinks are astronomical at all sports venues that offer them. In the case of the thousands of college campuses, many of them don't even sell alcohol, so there is a great deal of profit to be made in both professional and college sports.

Like giving candy to a baby.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think that the fact that they have an FAQ on SNORTING IT tells you who their target demographic is...alcoholics and heavy drinkers.

Their encouragement to put the powder on food is really something. I can see alcoholics using the powder on food, AND drinking too. How about Jell-O shots with some added palcohol? Drinking at work with no smell, right out of your water bottle.

This is rather disgusting in its exploitation of the alcoholic population.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ok, also...I wonder what this does to breathalyzer results, if anything...especially sprinkled on solid food? That is truly frightening.