Notices

Inspirations and motivations

Old 04-19-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Inspirations and motivations

Hi everyone, just thought I would start a new thread to let KateL know we are thinking of her right now, I'm not too long on SR as some of you know but it's amazing how you just seem to click on to certain peoples threads etc as a motivation. There are a few people I look to for inspiration during darker days and just hope Kate is back with us soon.
Do any of you have any other inspirations to drive you on a daily basis,maybe a certain timescale is the earliest drive? or maybe the new look on people's face when they see the difference in you these days?
Have a good weekend pholks.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love you, KateL! Hope you feel better soon. xoxoox
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Frank

My strongest inspiration comes from "The Four Agreements". Once you can internalize them, especially the second one, everything everyone does becomes clear and has less effect on you. And it's a good book.

They are:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret."
Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fjd123 View Post
My strongest inspiration comes from "The Four Agreements". Once you can internalize them, especially the second one, everything everyone does becomes clear and has less effect on you. And it's a good book.

They are:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret."
That's one of the best things I have ever read .

Do you mind if I barrow it ?