Notices

Do you have dreams of drinking alcohol?

Old 04-19-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you have dreams of drinking alcohol?

Its been about 3 weeks since I drank. Last night I had a dream that I was in a bar, there was an old friend from my teenage years that I hadn't seen for a very long time sitting at a table, we ignored each other and didn't speak. I sat at the bar and ordered a pint of beer. I sat looking at it knowing I shouldn't drink it but after a couple of moments I picked up the beer and started drinking it. The beer didnt taste good, it was flat and bitter.

It was a bizarre dream because I dreamed that I knew I shouldn't drink the beer but I did which isnt a good thing, but strangely I didn't enjoy it when I drank it, which must a good thing!! and I don't know where the old friend sitting at the table fits into it all.

I think I woke up after that. Do you have dreams of drinking alcohol?
Old 04-19-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking dreams are very common Dan.

Some people think they mean something - I just think they're dreams.

I sometimes dream of high school too but I don't want to go back there
D
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oak

I used to have them more often. I am 1.5 years sober. Sometime last year, in my last drinking dream, I was drinking from the bottle and hiding it. It made me laugh that I was hiding it even in my dream.

I don't attach significance to the dreams either. I don't think it means someone is in danger of relapse.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Yep. Had one last night, matter of fact. I'm 47 days sober.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Dan,
I did the first time I quit drinking years ago but I haven't this time. It's weird but I had them when I quit smoking too and also when I used to wait tables. In my dream, I would be working and have a section where I couldn't get to everyone. Would wake up all stressed out. Cracks me up now.

I'm sure there is a logical explanation but I'm with Dee. Just funky dreams and pretty common.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For me personally, the same things happens. Only I refer to them as nightmares. Drinking again for me is a nightmare. Just like when I wake up from being eaten by zombies, or bitten by spiders, or other creepy stuff like that. I think to myself, perhaps my body is giving me a warning as to things I don't like and prepping me to stand my ground and say no or just GET outta there. Heck, I had a waking mare the other day when my wife was having a single beer at a restaurant (I literally visualized downing the beer). Spooked the crap out of me. Totally normal, I think. I'm grateful that I am sober in reality.