Notices

1 month and a week :)

Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
him

1 month and a week :)

today marks my month and a week of sobriety... i know i still have so much time to make up and so many things to fix, but for today im sober and here. I used to sit back and thought that eventually i would just stop drinking somehow without putting any effort into it. I guess i somewhat hoped that it would just fall on my lap..sobriety that is. It never did. I had to get up and take charge of my life and stop making excuses and stop giving myself reasons i needed to drink when the reasons i should stop outweighed the reasons i should drink. anyways.. i wanted to say im still going strong. still going to meetings and I am keeping busy and trying to live life so much differently as i had. slowly getting my mind back.. and i thank everyone for posting their stories as all of them give me hope..
Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by him View Post
today marks my month and a week of sobriety... i know i still have so much time to make up and so many things to fix, but for today im sober and here. I used to sit back and thought that eventually i would just stop drinking somehow without putting any effort into it. I guess i somewhat hoped that it would just fall on my lap..sobriety that is. It never did. I had to get up and take charge of my life and stop making excuses and stop giving myself reasons i needed to drink when the reasons i should stop outweighed the reasons i should drink. anyways.. i wanted to say im still going strong. still going to meetings and I am keeping busy and trying to live life so much differently as i had. slowly getting my mind back.. and i thank everyone for posting their stories as all of them give me hope..
Hi Him, well done on your sobriety you are doing great, if I've learned anything about my previous self as I like to call it, it's that there was always an excuse to drink it was always there, good day, bad day, happy, sad, holiday, tough day at the office, night out, night in etc.. Now the same reasons exist not to drink so I just dropped the poor excuses that I always found.. Happy health and sober.
Happy days and enjoyable mornings☀️☀️☕️☕️
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done Him. Keep up the good work and those days will continue to add up.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
him

Thank you all for the support.. ill be sticking around her for a while..
Old 04-17-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done, him.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done. Keep it up.