Notices

no job now got to start searching again

Old 04-16-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no job now got to start searching again

Im disappointed I didn't get my old job back at walmart. So now I have to start searching for a new one. I cant go to meetings anymore in town. I can only go to the ones near my house. Except for my homegroup once a week in town. Oh well that is life. Eventually I will get a job and be able to go back to my usual meetings. Im not relying on anyone to pick me up to meetings because I don't want to burden anyone only if it is a dire emergency. Im bummed out but I am trying to stay positive. I got an action plan I have a list of places I can apply to.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Reconsider the taking lifts off people thing.

Aa members will tell you that doing service ( giving you a lift to meetings) deepens and strengthens their own recovery.

Immerse yourself in meetings. Everything else will come.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for the job search Anoronha

D
Old 04-16-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

like Finnie said, there are people in AA who specifically make it a point to get newcomers (or anyone) to meetings if all they need it a ride. When I first joined, my sponsor insisted I go around and pick up people, as I was fortunate to still have a license, and a car. I got to know my way around town pretty good that first year!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Reaching out for help is one of the things that is hard for me, too. If you make a phone call to AA in your area, someone will come pick you up. Don't stop going to meetings if they are helping you. People want to help.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand I will reach out if I need help but I don't anticipate it.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can read in your post your disappointment, but trust God, pray for his will and it will work out. It sounds like you have a good attitude. Just keep knocking at the door, someone will let you in.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

please don't rob others of a chance opportunity to be useful to you......go get a ride here and there!!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
please don't rob others of a chance opportunity to be useful to you......go get a ride here and there!!
I will ask for help when I need it. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ryno032709

Anoronha,

I read your past post about hoping to get hired back at walmart and that must be disappointing to not have gotten hired back when it seemed expected you would.

Your coworkers seem to want you back and maybe even your boss. Don't be discouraged. You have done well with getting to where you are today coming from where you were in the past when you took leave from your job at walmart. Walmart may just not need help at this present time even tho they may like to have you back.

Any chance you can get some references from your coworkers and/or former boss at walmart? Tell them you understand they don't need you as a employee currently but ask that they provide you with a verbal and written referenced that may help you with finding other employment.

Even though you are not employed - try to stay busy. Idle minds and hands are a devils workshop. Keep up with the sober living and things will work out. Get to meetings when you can but if you cant... Log on to SR and keep us all updated with your progress and read others posts and profiles as a reminder of what its like, what others have done, and info on how things will come easier with time.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

good luck with the job search Anoronha.

Try to keep an even keel.