SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Why that Avitar? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/329167-why-avitar.html)

Stoogy 04-15-2014 11:56 AM

Why that Avitar?

Saw a few pholk feeling a bit down at the moment which happens to us all at some stage, on a brighter note, there are so many cool avitars on this site and was wondering the relavance of your particular avitar to you?

I'll start, I simply live dogs and coffee, it's that simple.:ring

PurpleCat 04-15-2014 07:47 PM

Because I'm a cat. And I'm purple.

:)

Mrsbee 04-15-2014 07:54 PM

Mine is artwork done to represent the major components of Stephen King's Dark Tower series...I originally saw it on a t-shirt but found the image online because I eventually want to get it as a tattoo. Which btw if anyone is looking for a book series to read, I highly suggest the Dark Tower....so many amazing elements...fantasy, western, romance, coming of age, family, alcoholism, horror, good versus evil, comedy...I could go on and on but I will chill out on my fan-girling right now! Great thread topic though, I look forward to reading more avatar stories :)

wackybunny 04-15-2014 08:05 PM

I love bunnies and this was a female bunny writing intently (which is what I do here) and she is writing a heart (love and support). PLUS I found it doing a search for wacky bunny and the image was titled Her Wacky Highness and someone called me Her Wackiness early on. Too fitting.

LBrain 04-15-2014 08:05 PM

I misspelled BRIAN, now it's BRAIN

ScottFromWI 04-15-2014 08:29 PM

I like guitars and one of the things I've been doing in sobriety as a new hobby is re-learning how to play. I also bought myself a new guitar on my one year anniversary similar to the one in my avatar.

Hope4Life 04-15-2014 08:30 PM

I have this avatar because it reflects how I feel about the negative people I have removed from my life.

Notimetoloose 04-15-2014 08:43 PM

I found the artwork on deviantart, When I saw it I just loved it.
It reflected exactly how I felt at the time....and I wanted freedom from addiction.
Barbed wire individually turning into birds and flying away.

neferkamichael 04-15-2014 08:44 PM

I've been an avid reader of Ancient Egyptian history. The word Egypt is derived from the word Gypsy from another culture and a later time period. From their written language, their name is KMT. They did not insert vowels in their written language so Egyptologist insert the vowel E after the K and M to make the word KEMET. No account of how they pronounced their words has ever been found. :egypt:

Dee74 04-15-2014 08:46 PM

Easter Floyd :)

D

wackybunny 04-15-2014 08:56 PM

Bunny Dee! Nice!

Db1105 04-15-2014 08:59 PM

Just a picture of Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica where my wife and I vacationed last month. I like to change avatars.

BASEjumper 04-16-2014 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by PurpleCat (Post 4593776)
Because I'm a cat. And I'm purple.

:)

Purple cat purple cat what do you see? ;)

My avatar is pretty self explanatory I think

awuh1 04-16-2014 01:43 AM

The Avatar is a work by Rembrandt commonly called “Faust in his study”. I prefer the earlier title “the practicing alchemist”. For me it symbolizes the seeker, and a spiritual experience that involves a gift of knowledge.

There is more here for anyone interested. The Mysterious Light of Rembrandt

diffingo911 04-16-2014 02:11 AM

I Chose Mine, because it shows that Geniuses have a Human side, too...
+Plus, I LOL'd the first time because it was so Freaking Hilarious !!!!
It DOES look like a "Sheepish/Impish" Grin on his Face, now doesn't it?

MattyBoy 04-16-2014 02:25 AM

Mine is kinda (very) lame but ah well it brings back memories.
It's a thumbnail of a video game I played as a kid called Legend of Zelda the wind waker. I'm sure any gamers here will be familiar with it. I wasn't that much into video games but the Zelda games and the music in them will stay with me forever :) (god that sounded lame)...

Nonsensical 04-16-2014 02:52 AM

Because bacon is the bombdiggity.

readerbaby71 04-16-2014 02:56 AM

I've always loved books and reading. My dad started calling me readerbaby when I was about 1 1/2 years old. :) Reading has always been an escape for me and it fuels my imagination.

FeelingGreat 04-16-2014 03:02 AM

Was coming home from work on a Friday - my danger time - and made myself a cup of tea instead of my usual bottle of wine.

sugarbear1 04-16-2014 03:25 AM

This is Wesa my cat. She saved me by being a companion during the death of my partner, in my drinking, and in my sobriety....

Wesa means cat in Cherokee. I had not changed her name upon adopting her. Poor lighting makes her appear brownish, she's really a sweet and petite grey haired cat. :)