Notices

lost my job

Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost my job

Yesterday I got a really bad performance review at my new job I honestly felt like I couldn't improve in a weeks time I had tried my best and wasn't a good fit for the job. So I quit in the middle of my shift. After that I never once thought of drinking at all. My first thought was I need to make an amends and call my sponsor and other women in the program. So I made an amends to my manager this morning I didn't ask for my job back. I could have handled things differently. So now I am getting my resume ready again and going to do some job searching. Im ashamed of the way I acted I never thought I would do something like that.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Anoronha, I hope you find a job that fits you better.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anoronha View Post
I honestly felt like I couldn't improve in a weeks time...
So they were going to fire you if you didn't improve in a weeks time?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I would a held out so I could get unemployment....need some income....

your job is out there....ask your HP where you are to be useful....
Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

That sucks but perhaps it was meant to be, Something great could be around the corner. xxxxxx
Old 04-07-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

Yeah sugarbear is right holding out for unemployement is the best bet. But I know the drill. I've quit on the spot at jobs before. and I've walked off the job a couple times in all our rage. I wont lie walking off the job has an element o satisfaction to it but its really not the brightest thing to do. But think about it they can fire you on the spot but its not ok for you to quit on the spot?

I wouldnt beat yourself up over it too much. There is only so much one person can take sometimes. You do your best thats all that matters.

Kudos on not drinking. I caught myself scoping out the beer prices yest on the signs out front of the beer shop. I started getting ideas too I wont lie *sigh* But I said no and drove away.

My job situation is not to hot either myself these days. Sometimes all you can do is just plug along.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I say it as I've been terminated more than once in sobriety and each "new" employment was better than the last one, although that unemployment insurance sure helped me pay some bills.

Keep moving forward, An, your job is waiting for you! Go and be useful to others!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It doesn't seem like they would fire you, just letting your know your progress during your probationary period. You've only been there 3 weeks so you wouldn't have been eligible for unemployment insurance anyways. Get that resume ready and find something that you are a good fit for and makes you happy.