Notices

Ok it didnt work

Old 04-04-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok it didnt work

The tapering did not work..... feeling better from only 3 beers last night but now I am craving wine and its Friday , why in this world is there a thing as addiction !!! The world would be so peaceful without it ......
Old 04-04-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, needsupport3; I am sorry that tapering has not worked; it didn't for me, either. Any form of alcohol and any quantity just stirred the beast.

I remember that you mentioned that you were hesitant to involve your doctor for fear of being prescribed sedatives. Perhaps you could see your doctor and emphasize your concern with addiction substitutions.

Do you have any support systems in place (groups like AA, individual therapy)?

Are you eating well, staying well-hydrated, getting any form of exercise (even a short walk)?

Initially (ok, I admit it maybe it is ongoing), I overindulged in chocolate in all it's beautiful forms and it truly seemed to alleviate the cravings.

Keep posting. We're here.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel ya. I don't think tapering or moderation work for most of us. I ate, still eat a lot of ice cream. Booze and ice cream don't go well together. For me I had to just leave the booze alone to stop. I am sure you will find lots of good advice here. Welcome to SR and don't give up. You can do this. One day at a time.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've gotten some great suggestions about what to do in past threads Needsupport...are you thinking about following any of those ideas up?

D
Old 04-05-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needsupport3 View Post
The tapering did not work..... feeling better from only 3 beers last night but now I am craving wine and its Friday , why in this world is there a thing as addiction !!! The world would be so peaceful without it ......
The peace you are seeking is there in abstinence.

Moderation or tapering is like poking a sleeping bear with a stick. Quit poking the bear. If you stop drinking and work a recovery program the bear will sleep. The longer you are sober the deeper the bear sleeps.

There is remission when you make the choice to stop poking your addiction.