Notices

Very restless

Old 04-02-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very restless

Nights are the worst - too much time alone to think.

I am getting increasingly restless for the past while, is this normal?

Sitting here with the laptop, book, peppermint tea and sparkling water.

Note to self: I do NOT have to get upset every time my mom says something that annoys me. I will just let it go...most of what she says is opinion, NOT fact!!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My wagon's in the mud.

Hello Tetra,

Totally get it, happened to me too Babe.

I started a bit of a spring clean. And if you move an object you may as well clean it right?

I have a pile of ply on the floor, boxes of cork tile are the furniture. 'Course took the calico from the windows (six washes with vinegar and oxygen bleach). They had been pinned up, never got 'round to doing more than the minimum, I was very busy, I had to drink my way to blackout.

The calico is at the seamstress, plus she's making heavy velvet for winter.

All this increased activity has lead to me loosing 35 lbs. All it was, a bit of a clean up really.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Spring has arrived...

Spring!!!
Attached Images
Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

I climbed the walls for the first year or so. I finally needed an outlet and started exercising. sure i tried various hobbies and such prior to that. But I had a lot of frustrations that needed to get out. I was either restless or ready to smash something all the time. It was not fun.

I dont really get restless anymore I till get rediculously angry however *sigh*.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love spring, the days get longer, everyone seems in a better mood, more sunshine, plenty of things to like!! . . . the world seems a bit more positive to live in!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Tetra;
Not having the "numb out" effect with the booze takes some getting used to.

I also think the stress of living with your mother makes it worse.

Hang in there and enjoy the lovely Irish green Spring . . .
Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am also restless, it's not quite as Spring-like here in Chicago, we are still experiencing temps around 3 degrees C today. Gray skies. Winter just won't let go and it's so frustrating and I'm just climbing the walls here. It's not fair! LOL.

It sounds like you brightened up a little with the nice weather. I think that will help. Open windows, open mind, open heart! I hope it helps to be out enjoying the flowers and green grass. At least that's somethin'.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
I am also restless, it's not quite as Spring-like here in Chicago, we are still experiencing temps around 3 degrees C today. Gray skies. Winter just won't let go and it's so frustrating and I'm just climbing the walls here. It's not fair! LOL.

It sounds like you brightened up a little with the nice weather. I think that will help. Open windows, open mind, open heart! I hope it helps to be out enjoying the flowers and green grass. At least that's somethin'.
I live in southern Maine and know what you mean. The winter just wont go away, but it's finally starting to get warmer...slowly.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tetra have you ever thought about doing some service work to take you out of the house but mostly to help you get out of your head? It's hard to be negative when you are helping others. Maybe some people less fortunate than you like at a soup kitchen. Or habitat for humanity, or Salvation army or organizations like that. Don't know what you have where you live. Plus volunteer work could lead to full time work.

It helps alot!