Notices

Day #3

Old 04-02-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day #3

Well today is day 3...and would love to bang my head off the wall if it would get rid of the headeache. Well i kept busy last night that helped keep my mind occupied. Been eating clean and taking some vitamins... the alcoholic cocktail folic acid and thiamine plus a detox vitamin. Been eating a lot of lean meats, wildgame....yes i am a hunter.... plus fruits and vegatables. I am finally in the right frame of mind to make some changes and its been a long time coming. This sight helps tremedously..
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. This site has much help to offer with many experiences to build off of.
I personally also like face to face meetings like AA offers with people who also understand the alcoholic. It was emphasized to me at the beginning that one needs to be honest with ones self about their drinking to start and stay sober. Many of us find that difficult, like "I only had one."

BE WELL
Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on day three. Keeping busy at the time you would otherwise want to drink is really helpful. I also find that if I am getting urges to run through a mental checklist and ask myself if I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired (h.a.l.t.) which can be big triggers and address those things as needed. If you are getting headaches are you drinking enough water? I have to remind myself of that every day.

I also come on here and attend AA.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1meropet1 View Post
Well today is day 3...and would love to bang my head off the wall if it would get rid of the headeache. Well i kept busy last night that helped keep my mind occupied. Been eating clean and taking some vitamins... the alcoholic cocktail folic acid and thiamine plus a detox vitamin. Been eating a lot of lean meats, wildgame....yes i am a hunter.... plus fruits and vegatables. I am finally in the right frame of mind to make some changes and its been a long time coming. This sight helps tremedously..
I am curious as to your plan of action with this what? little, minor problem of yours. Perhaps its just an inconvience, maybe a little more serious but nothing too big, or is it life or death? I had all of those exact same thoughts/feelings when I sobered up. In time I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I hated myself sober, and I despized myself drunk. That whole AA thing really messed up my drinking. It is a bad place to be in emotionally, spiritually and physically. I wish you the best. I am in a kinda funky mood today, I guess mixing it up a little. I try to look at things differently. But I also try not to sugar coat the deadly facts about this disease, if you so choose to think of it as a disease, which it actually is as defined by the AMA. I guess by reading your full post, your main plan of action is to just keep logging in everyday, reading and writing. I dunno about you, but as the saying goes, I had to put the cotton out of my ears and into my mouth when I first came in. But this is the generic Alcohol thread and not the 12 step thread of AA. I am an AA guy, that is what got me sober and where I achieved sobriety, so while I continue to ramble on, as it not only reinforces the information in my head, but perhaps it might help you. I find I keep repeating things over and over again. But its helpful for me also. Anyway, There are many avenues to take, AA is just one of them. You might be prejudice against AA, so be it. All it takes is willingness to try something different, mix in some action a heeping load of honesty. Anyway my 5 minutes is up, I will shut errrr down cuz thats what I do when I find myself rambling over-time. To give time to for others to chime in. I wish you the best. See you around, as I give you the head-nod or perhaps a little hand-wave to signify I recognized you as I walk out the door.

OK, no I will shake your hand.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

matt4x4 thanks for the input. I have nothing against AA in fact i used to attend some meetings but it just wasn't for me. They are a great organization and help a lot of people. I am at the point in life where doing the way i am is working all though it is only the 4th i am doing well. I have a very good support system in place and its working...
Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I also find that if I am getting urges to run through a mental checklist and ask myself if I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired (h.a.l.t.) which can be big triggers and address those things as needed
I like that Ruby2. H. A. L. T. First time hearing that. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What about the 3 M's?
Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done!!

Whatever works for you works for you. We have all sorts of people here with their own support systems.

But for me, I needed more so I am now in an outpatient program.

Whatever it takes is the trick