Notices

New day 1 !

Old 03-31-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Violetflame, I so admire you coming back. It's just not worth the chaos it throws our life into. I am back after slipping up too. I find guided meditation helps me. If you google "guided healing meditations" you will come up with heaps on YouTube. I find it helps occupy my thoughts and calms me too. I suffer with anxiety and drinking helps mask all those feelings. When you stop they all start rearing their ugly head and are overwhelming and scary, I know the feeling!

If you want to pm me I can give you a link for a guy who does free guided healing meditations which I find really helpful. He even has ones for addictions and anxiety. Hang in there!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

PS. We are planning on going to Italy next year for our wedding anniversary! Something definitely to work towards x
Old 03-31-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hardest days to stay way from alcohol are weekends. I feel so lonely on weekends without alcohol, but I know I did the right choice.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For me I bought a bicycle. I road it almost every day. 2 or 3 hours at a time. In circles even. It was something other than drinking. By the time I would get off of it I was to tired to think about drinking. Plus I live in the south so I drank a lot of water while riding. I think you have to take action. Anything to keep from being bored. After a while those cravings will subside and less intense. But you have to take action. TV won't work. By my own experience, I can guarantee that.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Wayne! a fellow rider here. I had saved my beer money ($$ I would have spent on beer) and bought myself a nice cyclocross bike. It is an AWESOME way to spend an afternoon. I use it mostly on roads. I look forward to using it, enjoy riding it, and keep Gatorade in the fridge for after. It is such a nice way to spend an afternoon on Saturday or Sunday.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's pretty cool westy, its amazing how much money we spent on this terrible affliction. I live in downtown so my riding mainly was spent here on sidewalks. But the diversion helped me those early months. I would recommend it to anyone. Be safe my friend and don't drink today!