Notices

2nd 12 step call

Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd 12 step call

So today was totally a god moment with me. My phone rang and my sponsor was like what are you doing I told her I was at the library and she asked me if I wanted to go on a 12 step call I was like yes. Luckily I was near her house. So we drove together and I got to take the lady to a meeting and talk to her. I am obsessing over whether I really said the right thing to her. I don't know if I helped her but she sure helped me a lot. This is the second time I have been on a 12 step call. My sponsor said she wouldn't have asked me if she didn't trust me.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lovely work! That's the beauty of AA you get to give something back to another suffering alcoholic:-)
Old 03-19-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Wonderful to read that.

The lady has been to her first AA meeting,with you beside her,that in itself is so worthwhile.

One Alcoholic talking to another,priceless.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations. This is how the program works, by getting involved and offering a helpful hand.
I was told that I/we should not overwhelm ourselves with wondering or the what ifs as we don't have the power to get anyone drunk or sober. We offer our what it was like for us and our strengths for now.
Most of the time the 12 stepper gets more from a call that the person being called as a great remember when.

BE WELL
Old 03-20-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anoronha View Post
So today was totally a god moment with me. My phone rang and my sponsor was like what are you doing I told her I was at the library and she asked me if I wanted to go on a 12 step call I was like yes. Luckily I was near her house. So we drove together and I got to take the lady to a meeting and talk to her. I am obsessing over whether I really said the right thing to her. I don't know if I helped her but she sure helped me a lot. This is the second time I have been on a 12 step call. My sponsor said she wouldn't have asked me if she didn't trust me.
Focus on what the experience did for you. Don't worry about what you did for the other person. If you do, and she continues to drink, the usual thing is to start blaming yourself for not doing or saying the "right" thing. Don't even go there. Thank God your giving you that experience. It probably did you way more good than it did her.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you found a great sponsor!