Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I haven't drank in 3 months, but with my stresses I may.

Notices

I haven't drank in 3 months, but with my stresses I may.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thumbs down I haven't drank in 3 months, but with my stresses I may.

I want to get help, my mother is in jail and I'm losing my house I've lived in for over 20 years because of bad payments and frauds she's been doing- so the craving is here tonight for me

Last edited by Seren; 03-16-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Paulos. Sorry about what's going on. It sounds horrible! But is having a drink going to improve your life? I doubt it! It MAY artificially make you feel better for a couple of hours. Then you will wake up feeling like crap, mentally disappointed because you drank, and STILL have to deal with the same problems. I don't know what happened with the chat room, but can you go to an AA meeting, or visit with a sober friend who will listen? or just keep posting here!…oh and BTW, 3 months is incredible!! Please don't throw that away!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe instead of drinking it is time to start planning / preparing for what you will do
if this happens.

Sometimes doing the proactive thing can help distract your mind from the cravings.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The stress will be worse with the anxiety that follows a hangover .

Been there ,done that .
Old 03-15-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You know that drinking won't help anything and will, in fact, make things worse. I hope you don't drink.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
I want to get help, my mother is in jail and I'm losing my house I've lived in for over 20 years because of bad payments and frauds she's been doing- so the craving is here tonight for me
How would drinking help?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering

Paulos. I can understand the craving to 'escape'. But I'm sure you know deep down that our way of escaping problems only causes all the more problems and suffering down the line. But I feel for you. Hang in there - this too will pass.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Sometimes doing the proactive thing can help distract your mind from the cravings.
Being proactive can be very beneficial IMO. Paulos, I suggest concentrating on what to do next. That should help keep your mind off of drinking. You've been sober for three months, so you no longer have a physical addiction. Just keep your head in the right place and you will stay sober.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
Paulos, were you able to do any of the things that were suggested in your previous thread regarding the house situation? There were a number of good suggestions in that thread.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Loosing your house is enough. Drinking again means you could loose your life. Think about it. Stay sober and things will work out. If you start drinking your chances diminish greatly. Hang in there paulos.