Notices

Day 1...first post...sigh

Old 12-25-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Think this almost makes it harder as I literally don't have anyone telling me I should quit drinking. Infact quite the opposite during times that I do quit. No one sees it as a problem because their is no physical evidence or aftermath to see. I'm not at all a sloppy or blackout drinker so even my own best friends have a hard time believing I have an actual problem. When I tell them that the actual problem is that I drink every night the responses are always "why don't you just stop drinking on weekdays than"? Good question, wish I had a better answer other than "I don't know, because I can't".
Your response to your friends is exactly why you should quit and see how great life can be.

Glad to see you turning it around! This is a great community
Old 12-25-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I struggle to stay sober I drank yesterday day one on Christmas. Stayed sober four years in AA been relapsing 2 years now. Two weeks here one month there week here and there. A lot of people in AA won't even talk to me anymore cause I relapse so much hurts my feelings.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Welcome,

I didn't think I could or would stop drinking but we can surprise ourselves. We get used to the cycle of drinking and hangovers but it really is way better without either. I check in here everyday to keep my eye on the prize. You can stop too. Not easy, but so worth it.