Notices

One more go at it!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile One more go at it!

Hi. I have been on the newcomer's forum, but this is my first post here. I am an alcoholic. It's not that I drink in great volumes, but about 2-3 times a week I tend to sneak alcohol into the house and have anywhere from 2-4 drinks. Or I may have a drink or two if we go out to eat. To my knowledge my wife doesn't know I sneak alcohol, although occasionally she will ask me why I'm grumpy the next day.

I need to quit. I cant stand hangovers and I feel like alcohol controls my thinking. I recently went 3 weeks without drinking, but I convinced myself to start again. I would like the assistance of this forum to help me stay sober. I intend to make a daily entry for at least 3 months. That is my commitment. I intend to be completely honest..... that being said, if I miss more than two days in a row, that likely means I started again.

Is it best to keep replying to this post? or post a new topic each day?

Thanks! I am looking forward to having my life back!

Kpatrick
Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Probably best to keep replying here - that way you can look back yourself and everyone knows whats what.

You'll find a lot of help and support here - but you may need to do more apart from daily posting.

Any ideas on what else are you going to do kpatrick?

D
Old 03-09-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. I have some guided daily meditations I have committed to as well as some books on sobriety that I will be reading daily. I also have removed all alcohol from my house. I plan to give my wallet to my very supportive wife so I have no money to buy alcohol after work. I also have a friend who is a year and a half into recovery that is available for support.

Kpatrick
Old 03-09-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a solid start

D
Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If its okay could I be included in this post as well..I need added encouragement and support please and thank you
Watlow
Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Kpatrick xxxxxx
Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Okay! My second day!! No worries about drinking tonight. I usually start thinking about drinking toward the middle of the week and on the weekends. I feel very good about this. Watlow- how are things going? I am honored to share this post with you. Let's get through this!!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi kpatrick. Two days is wonderful. Proud of you.

Hope you're ok as well Watlow.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome kpayrick and watlow. As you have already seen, all you have to do is post and people jump right in to help you.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had to take an ethical route at work..in which I could have gotten away from now I may lose my job..didn't have anything to do with alcohol. two preschoolers got ahold of two of my cough drops..lead teacher said don't worry about it but I knew I could lose my job and now me and the boss are meeting tomorrow..scared
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are lucky that you get one more go at it. Except maybe you think that after this one, you will have another go at it. So on so forth.
Gamble away my friend.
This is a deadly disease that needs to be taken very seriously.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I totally agree matt4x4. I am taking this extremely seriously. This "one more go at it" is 100% effort and commitment. I am very grateful to have this opportunity. I have a wonderful family and an awesome career that really could have been wasted. I am blessed to be where I am. Alcohol can and will destroy everything if I ever walk down that path again. I appreciate your honesty.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day three and I am absolutely sticking to the plan. I am starting to feel better and my concentration levels are improving!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Perfect Kpatrick, stick to the plan.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 4 and still going strong! Thank you all for the awesome support. Watlow, how is your situation going?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Congrats on Day 4! Way to stick with it!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thumbs up well done

Originally Posted by kpatrick View Post
Yes. I have some guided daily meditations I have committed to as well as some books on sobriety that I will be reading daily. I also have removed all alcohol from my house. I plan to give my wallet to my very supportive wife so I have no money to buy alcohol after work. I also have a friend who is a year and a half into recovery that is available for support.

Kpatrick
Good job on choosing better health, and for getting yourself clear and informed. I think you'll make it!

Keep reading and checking in and giving and getting input. It helps to read others' posts because there are so many layers to this disease. You may find yourself giving back what you receive.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by watlow View Post
If its okay could I be included in this post as well..I need added encouragement and support please and thank you
Watlow
Sure, I'll check your posts. Feel free to open a dialogue with me if you wish.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Five days in a row! Thursdays are usually drinking evenings for me as I usually rationalize that I can make it through Friday with a hangover. Thankfully, I have not even been tempted. I took a long walk with my wife, did some calisthenics on a high bar and jumped rope instead of wasting time sneaking off into some dark corner to drink. I hope all is well with everyone on this forum also.

kpatrick
Old 03-13-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Yay! Good job!

Exercise is great for releasing stress and endorphins so actually helps us heal physically and emotionally, I think.