Notices

Alcohol has no boundries

Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol has no boundries

Alcoholism has no boundries. It just takes and takes and takes. From the bum on the street drinking Listerine and Rubbing Alcohol to the Penthouse Suite CEO drinking his $500 bottle of wine. There is no difference between these two people. They are drinking to change the way they feel. They are drinking to escape. They drink because they are alcoholics. This is what they do. They drink. Now the excuses they make can vary widely. But those are just empty excuses. Might be a hard day at work for the CEO. Might be the cops are harrassing the bum a little more then usual. Might just be that its the best day they ever had in their entire life, might be the worst day in their entire life. We need no reason to drink. I am alive and breathing, I drink.

This however does not need to be. The human body and brain are amazing organisms. Our primary draw-back is our thinking. Our self sabotage. It is detremental to our being. It is possible to live a sober and happy life both at the same time.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Didn't Robin Williams say Alcoholics violate their morals faster than they can lower them?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i drank because i wanted to. I always knew that. I don't really go for the delusional and specific alcoholic thinking theory..where you are sort of hypnotized by this unseen force.