Notices

This is hard

Old 03-06-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is hard

Sometimes life sucks. I'm getting a bit sick of this. Trying to act like a normal person, every one giving me their opinions..."I think you should"... or "you need to do...". Walking on eggshells around my mother in case she has one of her psychotic rages. Job interviews and rejections.

Sorry, just having a bit of a rant. The postman delivered a rejection letter this morning as I was out the door to another interview. Interviews are a bit like dating aren't they? You get all tarted up in your best outfit and meet at the arranged place. And then you wait for the follow up call. Or sometimes the employer doesn't even bother to call you to tell you that you have been rejected, they are just hoping that you will get the hint.

Sorry, I am mired in self pity at the moment. I'm in town having a chai latte and a brownie after my appointment. Because it's the little things that make life bearable.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Every "no" just means you're that much closer to your first yes. Remember, winners do what losers don't want to do. Focus on the things you can control and tune out the rest.

You'll be fine.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stand and Be True

I'm in the same position. Interviews are a ******* nightmare, aren't they? The nerves, waiting, same old pointless questions...the insinscerity of it all.

Just try to think of them as a necessary evil. I keep telling myself the more I go to the more likely I am to end up with a job as long as I learn from each one. It'll be worth it in the end.

In the meantime, try not to get too worked up by them, and enjoy your latte and brownie, you deserve it
Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Looking for a job is the worst job you will ever have. Its a numbers game, you have to tune out the no s and not take them personally. It just takes one!!

tarted up

Lol, love it!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're not "Trying" to act like a normal person. You are a normal person.
Everybody has stress and disappointments.
You're just choosing to take it head on instead of hiding from it now.
You're strong,much stronger than you thinks.
Hang in there,something will come along for you.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

how was the brownie
Old 03-06-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm in the same position, looking for a job I really hate going to interviews, I find it makes me nervous and then I feel like having a drink. Also since I moved to the city I haven't had a job that I liked, and this makes me hate the job hunting experience. I am so worried I will end up at another job that makes me want to drink
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Tetra, nothing makes me bristle more than that 'you should' at the start of a sentence! What am I 5 that I need told what to do?? Just know that it comes from the best of places, an honest desire to be helpful. As for being normal, how is that measured? And how many of those you perceive as normal, are secretly coping with a drink problem?
Try to relax going to interviews. Tell yourself that they will be the lucky ones if they have the good taste to employ you, and if you don't hear from them it's their loss. I feel things happen for a reason, you may not realise yet, what that reason is. What I can say though, is that if you stop putting yourself out there, no one will come knocking on your door. I hope you find something soon.

When I have been in the situation of interviewing potential employees, I always took the time to thank applicants for attending. Explaining if there was no possibility of writing to unsuccessful applicants, or making time to if I could.

Whopper, nothing can make you drink, I just needed to find another way of dealing with my frustrations, there will always be something that will give us all the excuse we need to turn to drink, but I find a punch bag is far more therapeutic these days. ( and / or venting to friends on here ) good luck to you too