Notices

Miss feeling "normal"

Old 03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
Oh and I keep getting achy muscles, weakness, sometimes feel feverish? Might not be related to withdrawal but its making me feel rubbish.
Hi AS, the symptoms you're describing above MAY be more than alcohol withdrawal (not diagnosing!). Personally I would get the doctor to rule out other conditions which may cause them.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
Oh and I keep getting achy muscles, weakness, sometimes feel feverish? Might not be related to withdrawal but its making me feel rubbish.
I had this as well and I think I had picked up a virus at work. My immunity to illness was and still is a bit low and I have heard this is fairly common in early sobriety. I don't know if you are a smoker and have given up as these symptoms are also common when stopping smoking. Hang in there and hopefully it will pass
Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I found out what was causing the achy body, feverish symptoms! Started taking zinc supplements (RDA), about a week later started getting numb feeling limbs, tingly hands and feet, frequent fevers, dog tired, found out these symptoms are caused by a copper deficiency, zinc competes with copper in the intestines, to much zinc causes low copper.

Copper is responsible for maintence of the nervous system, hence the numb tingly limbs, copper is also responsible for white blood cells, fighting infections that's why I kept feeling like I was coming down with a virus, copper is partly responsible for energy production, the reason I was feeling tired.

Threw them away yesterday, today I feel a lot better! All the symptoms have gone, I'm never taking supplements again, they caused an imbalance in my body, just a warning to others!