Notices

Hangovers why you'll do it again

Old 03-05-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Member
 
karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Out in the Sticks
Posts: 1,788
Hair of the dog , that kills the hangover .

And kick starts a really ugly process , It can get really ugly
karate is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vermont
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by mary5alive View Post
I noticed that my hangovers worsened so much over time. I'd be bed ridden the entire next day, throwing up nothing but bile for the whole day. Then I'd shake, and literally throw up at the thought of alcohol. I also experienced severe light-headed ness and wanted to faint. I'd cry and tell myself i'd never drink again, and sure enough 2 days later I'd be in the same exact predicament. :/
Agree. Knowing that this can creep back on me at any moment is why in the last couple weeks I have been hyper vigilant about protecting myself from this.

IT SUCKS!! and the worst part is lying and saying "I'll never drink again" only to do it so soon after just to feel better. But sometimes you have to bite the bullet and get through it. And when you make it out on the end of the hangover, realize you'll only have so many chances to compromise again.
Groovitational is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 109
hair of the dog

Yep my hangovers so Excruciating..one of my bar buddies gave me Great advice..try drinking just one when u wake up sick. That worked for short time until I could no longer stop with One. The whole thing is just one Big MESS. I'm glad being sober and I don't need a drink immediately upon waking. I am exactly like a junkie needing their morning fix. And I've realized I will always be this way unfortunately.
archenemy is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 370
Hangovers never did much to cause me to want to stop. Making a complete ass of myself and losing people I cared about sure did though.
NoJimmy is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Posts: 5,273
I was in a perpetual state of hangover most of the time. Feeling like that eventually just became my new normal. I began taking Xanax and Konopin to quiet the nastiness. Alcohol and benzos combined has a tendency to eat the brain rather quickly though, so I went on a rapid decline into crazy.
soberlicious is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 03:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by NoJimmy View Post
Hangovers never did much to cause me to want to stop. Making a complete ass of myself and losing people I cared about sure did though.
Its funny how people are different eh? I am not being sarcastic, I am dead serious, it amazes me how this disease or whatever..lust for booze affects people differently...I always wanted to be like you...no hangovers concerned about my family etc...fact is ...I am a lying , selfish **** when drinking I am a damage control self proclaimed specialist, I look out for pitfalls that may expose my lies and I always want to be like this type of person you describe but cant find it in the dark with a spot light and someone pointing right to it. I am very sick indeed. To hell with good intentions never described myACTIONS more so as much as I dreamed of taking the hits of my own doing...I still found a way here and there to slither from it.

truth be told though...as sick as I was/am...okay...was. the day, the inch, the second I am sober...looking back I know I am so close to that evil . I just gotta pull a "dude" say whatever man to the drink...cant do it man... today.
Galactus is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 370
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Its funny how people are different eh? I am not being sarcastic, I am dead serious, it amazes me how this disease or whatever..lust for booze affects people differently...I always wanted to be like you...no hangovers concerned about my family etc...fact is ...I am a lying , selfish **** when drinking I am a damage control self proclaimed specialist, I look out for pitfalls that may expose my lies and I always want to be like this type of person you describe but cant find it in the dark with a spot light and someone pointing right to it. I am very sick indeed. To hell with good intentions never described myACTIONS more so as much as I dreamed of taking the hits of my own doing...I still found a way here and there to slither from it.

truth be told though...as sick as I was/am...okay...was. the day, the inch, the second I am sober...looking back I know I am so close to that evil . I just gotta pull a "dude" say whatever man to the drink...cant do it man... today.
I've been there too, I made excuses, dates, new rules, lies, promises, etc. for a very long time. And I had lost quite a bit over all those years, but it finally cost me more than I was willing to lose. It just seemed like there could be no more enjoyment in getting hammered, it went too far. And it also seemed like it was time to leave the booze behind to see what kind of man I am without it. Had I not paid such a high price, I would still be drinking no doubt.
NoJimmy is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 405
Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
Simple

We forget the pain and suffering of a week, a month or a year ago.
We forget the humiliation.

We remember the ease and comfort that comes immediately from the drink.
The sense of ease and comfort.

We are delusional. The ease and comfort is not real.

"Men and women drink essentially because they like the affect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one. They are restless, irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks-drinks which they see others taking with impunity. After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many people do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again. This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his recovery."

The Doctor's Opinion, Alcoholics Anonymous
SoulSister is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 451
I used to vomit after drinking like clockwork and the thought of alcohol would make me sick for about a week until I went out again. This period lasted about 10 yrs then I discovered that having a glass of wine the next morning made it go away. This was the beginning of the end for me and I went from a professional working person to someone who hid at home wearing men's pyjamas in the space of a month. The morning drink is a whole new bottom and the descent is fast and painful.
Pipping is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Member
 
karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Out in the Sticks
Posts: 1,788
Originally Posted by pipping View Post
i used to vomit after drinking like clockwork and the thought of alcohol would make me sick for about a week until i went out again. This period lasted about 10 yrs then i discovered that having a glass of wine the next morning made it go away. This was the beginning of the end for me and i went from a professional working person to someone who hid at home wearing men's pyjamas in the space of a month. The morning drink is a whole new bottom and the descent is fast and painful.


you got that right ..........................crash and burn .
karate is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Member
 
Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 651
Originally Posted by NoJimmy View Post
Hangovers never did much to cause me to want to stop. Making a complete ass of myself and losing people I cared about sure did though.
I am dealing with that right now and it hurts more than a hangover ever did.
Stang is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by Pipping View Post
I used to vomit after drinking like clockwork and the thought of alcohol would make me sick for about a week until I went out again. This period lasted about 10 yrs then I discovered that having a glass of wine the next morning made it go away. This was the beginning of the end for me and I went from a professional working person to someone who hid at home wearing men's pyjamas in the space of a month. The morning drink is a whole new bottom and the descent is fast and painful.
No doubt, totally hear ya on that one, I would hide in my apartment, blinds and curtains drawn etc...pj's yup
Galactus is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again
 
Aarryckha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 3,079
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
I am dealing with that right now and it hurts more than a hangover ever did.
You and me both, for the past year.
Aarryckha is offline  
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again
 
Aarryckha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 3,079
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
No doubt, totally hear ya on that one, I would hide in my apartment, blinds and curtains drawn etc...pj's yup
Going through that myself right now; social anxiety doesn't help either.
Aarryckha is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM.