Notices

walking and talking

Old 03-04-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hiddenzebra View Post
I won't be going to the doctor unless I wake up there..
my body is aging much quicker than normal, I realize that and it saddens me.

tried sleeping last night, nothing. that's got me anxious.

sense of smell better; I've reduced the cigs a bit. thing is I haven't eaten or bathed in days and probably am not pleasant on the senses right now

whatever, I'm halfway through this. The spiders may show up again but at least I've got the seizures at bay.

erm btw if anyone is reading this, they really shouldn't be. I don't really know how else to put it.
Disclaimer: don't ever try this
any particular reason that you're not letting us know why you don't want to go to the doctor
Old 03-04-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
a bit out there

I work with doctors.

this isn't an easy question. I'm going to save it for later.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
a bit out there

docs can't do anything for me that I can't do for myself
Old 03-04-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
a bit out there

up and about. coughing like crazy and ridiculously sick. gross beer I've been looking at for months (expired last august, I just noticed) is about all I have, save for the spirits, which I'd rather avoid as much as possible.

slept a bit, that was nice. still not eating though =\. shaking like a leaf again and smell like a cadaver, but hey my waistline would make supermodels jealous. my guts inside are in a war against each other, or so it feels. better off than yesterday, I'd say. just looking forward to having an appetite.

charting all of this, and am going to allow myself a few sips of gross beer,

and hey, I appreciate the comments, even the ones I don't like. keep 'em coming
Old 03-04-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hope things are ok with you.

Please be safe. Dying over detox will not do much to help my friend.

I am personally meeting with a local addiction center next monday. Until then no binge drinking, just keeping myself alive until I get help.

Just be safe please
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
a bit out there

hope you are ok and wish you luck.
not sure what you are going through, feel free to message me if you like.

I hope I don't die too, the community would lose a good member if I died. hmm maybe I'm bragging again.. one thing is honest; I'm young and healthy. I volunteer at local places and devote so much time into it. It feels good and all, but a bit of appreciation would be nice sometime.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

i went through withdrawals at home last week and it very nearly killed me. i should have sought medical attention but thought i knew better. i didn't. throwing up bile and blood, hallucinations and at one point i went to get water and just collapsed. my heart was beating out of my chest and i thought i was going to stroke out and die.

i've since spoken to my alcohol counsellor who underlined to me the very real danger of detoxing without medical help. i believe i was close to death and i count myself very, very lucky to be alive and typing this.

please seek some medical attention - even if only for a once-over.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
a bit out there

Ouch chickippo, glad you're ok. I've been in similar situations before, literally on hands and knees to get around (mostly from bed to the bathroom and back again) because constant fainting had be too scared to stand upright and risk falling. Couldn't believe how fast my heart was going, and taking my pulse scared me even more. I'm not there right now, if I get there it won't hit for a day or two. Hoping I'm not there!

Today was painful. Felt like death. I thought about trying out some of the arsenal of benzos I've got available. I know they can be life savers, but would prefer to leave them on the shelf. Trying to get it done with beer, for now. Drank six and feel all sorts of better. Body functional enough to remind me of how sore it is, in even more ways than I noticed before. Six is a bit high, but it's not 20 like a week ago. Some emotional support is welcomed and I don't need any negativity. I'll probably have another couple more or so before I lie down hoping for a bit of sleep, though I may just end up lying there in agony. I'm around half of baseline and to me that's progress. No one's told me that it's against the rules to mention this type of stuff, and I hope it's not detrimental to anyone in any way. I know there are times when I really hate reading about what can happen. Btw just for the record I'd recommend medical help to anyone in a situation anywhere similar to mine. Again, I don't want to brag, but I know a lot about this stuff and trust myself more than a doc reading a chart. I have the tools,... I could really use some emotional support right now.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sending support and positive thoughts your way! Frankly, you are scaring the crap out of me so please keep posting so we know you are okay.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
a bit out there

ohh I don't want to scare anyone! That is so not what I'm going for. Just being honest.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

No prob and I should have said Im worried about you rather than phrasing it that way. Glad you are posting along the way and wishing the best for you-
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
a bit out there

still around. This morning was very painful, but feeling ok now.

Using a fairly common tapering schedule.. and it works, but can tell you without a doubt I'm going to be hurting bad 12 hours or so from now. Anyway I'm doing better than a day or two ago. Ate a bit of food, that was nice.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
a bit out there

Thanks Longpasttime

still around. This morning was very painful, but feeling ok now.

Using a tapering schedule.. and it works, but can tell without a doubt I'm going to be hurting bad 12 hours or so from now. Anyway I'm doing better than a day or two ago. Ate a bit of food, that was nice.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
a bit out there

Feeling better than I thought I would. Eating last night was a good thing. Hm didn't notice the double post, and my apologies. Site kept timing out or something .. had a heck of a time posting and wrote it several times before it went through.. learned from that and copying/pasting now. Ah well. HZ reporting in, and now out.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way. Be safe.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
a bit out there

awake now. not real happy about that, but can put up with it.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I hope you are ok. How are you feeling?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
a bit out there

feeling ok, thanks Pipping. Not feeling very talkative but thanks for the good wishes.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Wishing you the best. I went through that myself last week at home, alone. At least you are smart enough to know it can kill you. I had no clue.

For myself, that was the second time I went through such a horrible ordeal and there is no way I'm going to get myself into a position to have to do it again.

Best of luck today.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
a bit out there

still walkin' and talkin' .. could use someone to talk to