Notices

New Here, Confused

Old 03-03-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

GBA: I had a lot of questions, some fears and the nice people here helped me. I hope my presence doesn't offend you. As I've stated before, I developed a habit of drinking too much. This place helped/helps me address that.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

It started off slow for me as well. Didn't binge much in my 20's. Anything over 3 drinks made me sick. I got a job working afternoons in my 30s. Slowly started building a tolerance. A few drinks after work most of the time. It was like something clicked and I had this ability to drink like I never had before. Got a different job working days but at the same time every night it was as if I was programmed to drink. Pulled back on that but continued binging once or twice a week with friends. Had my first black out at 35 during one of those binges. Woke up that morning and just knew I had crossed some line. I saw it was becoming a problem. I tried to pull back again but I couldn't. That went on for 10 years progressively getting worse. Then one day I realized I was about to cross another line were my life was getting in the way of my drinking and one was about to go.
You are having rational thoughts about your drinking right now. Those moments are rare. Don't let your next one be 10 years from now. A normal drinker in this situation would quit and not look back.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Just wondering KB, did you drink anything at home after the birthday party? I would always have one drink at dinner with friends but I always drank my own wine once I got home from dinner.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

KB, It is progressive .. Just one question, when you drank first time in your life, did you drink a full bottle of wine during that session ? Just ask this question. When did , those one or two glasses , turned out to be a full bottle. ? You will see the pattern of progression. Same thing happened to me. I progressed to 1.5 to 2 bottles slowly. Even 2 bottles of wine in 3 hours time, could never knock me off. I just felt absolutely normal. It took me long time to realize that I had a problem. You seem to have at least, some doubt that , you might have a problem. The earlier , it gets arrested, easier it will be. The longer it goes on, harder and harder, it will be. This is from our hard learned lessons and I am sure most of us at SR, would agree..

Last edited by llastchance8; 03-04-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Spell Check
Old 03-04-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Newstart - No I didn't drink anything at home after having the one drink at the party. I have not been keeping alcohol at home since I decided to stop drinking at least for the most part, last week.