Notices

cant decide

Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cant decide

I had a job interview yesterday for the same position for a different company the pay is more, hours are less and I would get a shorter shift primarily closing shifts but they said as I gained seniority that I could get day shifts. I just think this will be perfect for me to get involved in AA more and get an internship on the side so I can get the job I actually want. But Im scared to leave my current job because I like my coworkers and supervisor. What if I get a terrible manager and coworkers. I accepted the offer and took a drug test yesterday they will contact me next week.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's always a big leap of faith in changing jobs, especially when it comes to co workers/supervisor.

It all comes down to looking at the postives that are to be gained , and it sounds like there are lot more, day shifts, more pay, less hours, more AA and an internship.

It seems like taking the gamble would be worth it, as you mentioned this would only be another stepping stone to the job you really want, so you'll not have to put up with them forever, but you never know, they could be a wonderful bunch of people, even more so than your current co workers!!

Keep in mind, fear generally isn't a great basis to make decisions that could affect your whole life!!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you want the job but are spending some time focused on the fear associated with the change. Just know that changing jobs is something that evokes fear in everyone, not just people with addictions. However as recovering alcoholics we need to learn to cope with fear since our coping mechanism used to be drinking. So yes, it's scary, but in my experience usually the things I'm scared of never materialize and I find I've been using a lot of energy worrying about things that never happen! AA literature has a lot in it about fear - do some googling for some answers or raise the issue to your sponsor or in a meeting and that should help. I hope it works out great for you