Notices

32 Days Sober

Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

32 Days Sober

Hello everyone! I just completed 30 days of inpatient treatment and am now in a day treatment program. I'm doing room and board at another treatment facility for the next month or so. I'm not feeling too great, to say the least. Just wondering it is normal for people who are in the early stages of recovery to experience strong depression/anxiety? Also, the cravings (which hadn't been to bad during inpatient) are starting to get really bad... I've looked up the nearest liquor stores and seriously considered "taking a walk". I'm very worried about my sobriety... these hopeless, trapped feelings may very well compel me to drink again. Are the cravings ever gonna go away? I haven't really connected with anyone here, so any support or suggestions are more than welcome... Thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on 32 days. Just be strong, the craving do lesson a lot after time. I have none now xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would work with your outpatient provider to find a person who can sponsor you right now, not later! Take action - be honest and tell them you are thinking about taking a drink and that you need someone you can call when it's strong. Even if you don't subscribe to all of it, consider AA and go to meeting with the intention of finding a "temporary sponsor." Cravings will pass, but we have to do some things differently to obtain different results than we've gotten in the past. Bottom line - you do not have to drink, you just feel like you want to - we do a lot based on how we feel, and someone else can help you look at your situation objectively to toss out the feelings that lead you in the wrong direction. You're doing well to be sober for a month! So take the time now to make a change in your life to live differently than before.