Notices

King Alcohol

Old 06-23-2004, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Exclamation King Alcohol

My name is alcohol. I own the United States and the majority of the people in it.
I own their minds, emotions, souls, and the very breath of air they breathe.
I have wrecked, twisted, corrupted, killed, cuddled, badgered, mystified, and baffled all.
I have ruined childrens lives, adult lives,and all that enters my path.
I am the greatest force on earth. There are few that resist my demands.
I've poisoned more minds, broken more hearts, disillusioned more people than any other force known to nature.
I respect NO ONE, regardless of age, sex, race, or creed.
I laugh and spit in the wind when I hear controversy over me.
I love dissention, bitterness, and opinionated people; they are my greatest capture.
I am all over. I am in alleys, bedrooms, and bars. I am even in the words spoken sweet.
I resist all willpower to fight me. I can take the strongest minds, the most powerful wills, the meek, the weak, ANYONE who challenges me.
I am my own greatest advocate.
I am responsible for more blameless children, accidents, deaths, lives, then any other force known.
I am the devil himself.
I have no morals, principles, or values.
I only destroy.

Signed:
King Alcohol
Old 06-23-2004, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

King Alcohol???? Not anymore!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

The King is dead. Long live the Queen!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Well done Missy

Could not have put it better myself. One thing the "king of darkness" seems to easily forget is that it only takes one tiny little light to obliterate it. We shine a beacon around here!!!
Roy
Old 06-23-2004, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Haven't seen that in awhile, alway's gives me the willies!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

WOW! so true

Only thing I would add... alcohol also fills the Kennedy bank accounts.
Seems the king pays a commission to Kennedys.
Good thing we don't need the government in our fight against such a king.
hmm a king that can be beat with just 12 steps walked by any person.
Not such a bully now are you Mr king. 12 steps is all it takes.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

I can't help but add that it also fills the Kennedy gullet. Ted Kennedy is quite familiar with "The King". It would do him good to walk the 12 steps a little more.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This post is interesting...here is a question though... I would love to hate alchohol..maybe that would make it easier to resist..but someone once told me..actually I haver heard and read this many times that it is NOT the alchohol it is us or our desire that is out of control.

Alchohol is just a beverage, drug..and in the right places can actually heal and help. Ever heard of "all things are good just not all things are good for YOU". "YOU" to me is a personal term..we all are indiv's and different. That is why some can handle this drug and others can't.

Some people consider FOOD a demon. Ice Cream, ....men..women... What it really is is that someone has reached their limit in boundaries of use.

Any comments? I'm open to changing my mind...
Old 06-25-2004, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today I neither fear nor hate alcohol.

Alcohol used to be my Higher Power and I once was a slave to it but now that cycle has been broken and I am able to put alcohol in it's rightful place.......back on the shelf where it belongs.

There may be those among us who might be able to find some benefits to using alcohol internally. I however cannot.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bradley004
This post is interesting...here is a question though... I would love to hate alchohol..maybe that would make it easier to resist..but someone once told me..actually I haver heard and read this many times that it is NOT the alchohol it is us or our desire that is out of control.

Alchohol is just a beverage, drug..and in the right places can actually heal and help. Ever heard of "all things are good just not all things are good for YOU". "YOU" to me is a personal term..we all are indiv's and different. That is why some can handle this drug and others can't.

Some people consider FOOD a demon. Ice Cream, ....men..women... What it really is is that someone has reached their limit in boundaries of use.

Any comments? I'm open to changing my mind...
Thanks, Bradley.

It is the behavior--not the substance, not the person--that we should be concerned about. I personally don't think it's useful to hate something that we used to love. In my opinion, achieving a level of detachment about the substance probably makes it easier to deflect urges. 'It's just a substance' is easier to dispute than 'It's a demon!'.

It's also useful to know that a significant minority of the people in this country abstain. That may seem hard to believe when 'everyone' around you is drinking, and ads are saturating the airwaves, but something like 1/3 of Americans don't drink at all by choice (I don't have the exact number).

I resist all willpower to fight me. I can take the strongest minds, the most powerful wills, the meek, the weak, ANYONE who challenges me.

Naah. Millions of people have quit drinking successfully, using many different recovery programs--or none at all.

Where did this quote come from? And why was it necessary to throw the Kennedy family into this, Best?
Don S
Old 06-25-2004, 12:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Don S
I personally don't think it's useful to hate something that we used to love.
I still adore alcohol and other drugs. I however have regained the power to love myself more. That's the key for me.
I think the King Alcohol thing is simply a form of poetry Don, and I understand why you object to it. But the fact remains that giving the substance a personality, for good or ill, has allowed many alcoholics to recover in their own personal ways. It's much like the language of the Big Book. Archaic and yesterday's news in many respects. But it still speaks to millions.
And as for the Kennedys, I tend to agree with you on that Don. All politics aside, here is a family that has suffered enough, in my opinion.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Without the analytical

I guess my opinion on the matter is rather simplistic. I could care less if you name it, analyze it, pick it apart into a 101 piece puzzle or just accept it as "bad behavior". Regardless of what it is that each of us believes that keeps us sober and putting our lives back in order is great in my book. What works for one may not work for another, who cares if they are both sober and actually contributing to their family, community, job or something positive. Like I said, simplistic. The fact that we "get there" is all that really matters, the "how" does not IMHO.
Food For Thought,
Roy
Old 06-25-2004, 10:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Don S

And why was it necessary to throw the Kennedy family into this, Best?
Don S
Just a fact that the senior Senator from Massachusetts (with great voting power in DC) gets a profit from every bottle of import per a deal that was cut by the family when prohibition ended.
But then again (from memory) I seem to recall that Ted didn't vote at all when the Gov wanted to cut or stop the advertisement (comercials) for alcohol. Not voting or voting what would be best per the laws of the land?

But yes you are correct. I should leave politics out of this.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryinagain
I guess my opinion on the matter is rather simplistic. I could care less if you name it, analyze it, pick it apart into a 101 piece puzzle or just accept it as "bad behavior". Regardless of what it is that each of us believes that keeps us sober and putting our lives back in order is great in my book. What works for one may not work for another, who cares if they are both sober and actually contributing to their family, community, job or something positive. Like I said, simplistic. The fact that we "get there" is all that really matters, the "how" does not IMHO.
Food For Thought,
Roy
Not simplistic at all Roy!
Simple, yes.
Thanks for posting,
Don S
Old 06-26-2004, 02:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

??

Not simplistic at all Roy!
Simple, yes.
Ok Don,
Maybe its me but if you could elaborate on that. That could be read in two different ways and am just wondering your interpretation.
Thanks,
Roy
Old 06-26-2004, 04:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sure.
I consider 'simplistic' to be derogatory or negative.
Simple, on the other hand, just means straightforward, direct, to the point, not complicated.
So I felt that you were underestimating your own ideas by calling them simplistic.
Don
Old 06-27-2004, 10:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Little Missy
My name is alcohol. I own the United States and the majority of the people in it.
I own their minds, emotions, souls, and the very breath of air they breathe.
I have wrecked, twisted, corrupted, killed, cuddled, badgered, mystified, and baffled all.
I have ruined childrens lives, adult lives,and all that enters my path.
I am the greatest force on earth. There are few that resist my demands.
I've poisoned more minds, broken more hearts, disillusioned more people than any other force known to nature.
I respect NO ONE, regardless of age, sex, race, or creed.
I laugh and spit in the wind when I hear controversy over me.
I love dissention, bitterness, and opinionated people; they are my greatest capture.
I am all over. I am in alleys, bedrooms, and bars. I am even in the words spoken sweet.
I am my own greatest advocate.
I am responsible for more blameless children, accidents, deaths, lives, then any other force known.
I am the devil himself.
I have no morals, principles, or values.
I only destroy.

Signed:
King Alcohol

I have felt the scourge of alcohol and I understand the sometimes desperate agonizing desires to resist it's call.

If the "King Alcohol" script has worked to keep one drunk from picking up a bottle then I will not be the one to diagnose, analyze, criticize,or theorize why the choice of words in it are ill founded.

If it doesn"t work for me I can pass it over and move on to the next thing.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Well Put

Thanks Don, I appreciate that and take it as a true compliment.

Peter, well put!!! Thats all I was trying to say. Whatever it takes for someone to not pick up that drink...regardless of what it may be.

Thanks everyone!
Roy
Old 06-27-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Don and everyone. I think the demon to hate is the spiritual ill will to sucomb to a substance, idea, relationship, feeling when it is clearly not in your best interest. I do believe in God so for those that don't please don't get offended by this post as it is my personal opinion..but for me the drug alchohol is used by satan himself to nail my butt as he knows its my weakness. So it's not the alchohol I hate its the temptation I have with it to abuse it.

When I get to the point to "not care" is when it will not be a problem anymore...exactly how Peter put it..it will not be my God. That is what the real God has been trying to do for me for a long time...get rid of the thing(s) coming before him.