Notices

This unfamiliar feeling

Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This unfamiliar feeling

As I was walking around the house tonight, kids asleep, picking up, puttering around, I kept feeling this really nice almost warmth in my chest and I felt like . . . smiling. The house is sleeping, I'm sober (2 months today) and I realized that this peaceful feeling moving through me is contentment.

So much of all of this is a roller coaster, or at least these past 60 days have been for me, and the ups and downs have been exhausting me (especially the downs). So this, this calm and grounding sense of peace, feels so good. I know it's temporary, as all feelings are, but for tonight I'm going to absorb it and wrap it all around me the best I can. And keep going with my sobriety since it has brought me this far already.

I really cannot remember the last time I felt like this, this contentment. My breaths even feel cleaner.

Jackie
Old 02-19-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So, so proud of you & for you, friend!!! Thanks for leading the charge - I'm right behind you!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

((Hugs)) of happiness to you Jackie
Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an awesome post. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Congratulations on 2 months, Jackie! You may be surprised by how long that feeling lasts now that you are sober.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic post Jackie. Thank you

D
Old 02-19-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so excited and happy for you, Jackie. May your newfound happiness and contentment be long, long lived. Oh, how beautiful is sobriety. Congratulations on 2 months.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The pink cloud affect can be strong. But life happens and that dissappears before you know it.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done Jackie. I still feel exhausted at the end of the day at times, but it has become a nice sort of sleepy exhaustion now. I'm sure you know what I mean, and the cloud doesn't necessarily go away for everyone. I am glad you are upbeat. Take no heed of negativity, just be on your guard, but Im sure you know that already xxxxxxxxx
Old 02-20-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am beginning to know that feeling too. I either get up before everyone else or I go to bed after everyone else so that I have a peaceful hour to myself. It does wonders for the soul. In the summer, I get up before the kids and sometimes before my husband and I walk or go for a bike ride. The world is so different when most everyone else is asleep!

Good for you
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
The pink cloud affect can be strong. But life happens and that dissappears before you know it.
I think there is a difference between the pink cloud and "the daily peace of sobriety" for some people.

Almost two years in I felt the way you do pretty much every single day.

I certainly was past any pink cloud, but I felt so grounded and was solid in recovery.

Enjoy it--you can feel this way for the rest of you life
Old 02-21-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I think there is a difference between the pink cloud and "the daily peace of sobriety" for some people.

Almost two years in I felt the way you do pretty much every single day.

I certainly was past any pink cloud, but I felt so grounded and was solid in recovery.

Enjoy it--you can feel this way for the rest of you life
Thank you for this. I think all of us here on this forum have gone past the point of naiveté about things ever being "easy." But I do see how there can be a surrounding sense of peace even in midst of the ups and downs to come in the future. I've been missing this for so many years and even just a glimpse of it has made me feel so very good.

Thanks all for the kind comments!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A lovely Post JackieC. I know exactly what you mean, it's great isn't it. Congratulations for your 2 months!!