Notices

Rejection

Old 02-17-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rejection

So the postman delivered a rejection letter this morning. I can't pretend it didn't sting because it did...

I applied for two new jobs this afternoon. I won't give up on my dreams of a job/travel/having a place of my own, because if I lose hope I may as well be dead.

Tomorrow night I will be attending my computer class and then I am going to spend the night in the city at my old childhood home by myself. (The tenants have moved out.) I am super excited at the change and the little break from my mom This means the world to me, that my Dad feels I can be trusted to do the right thing. I said I would have my phone on me at all times, they can contact me anytime except for an hour on Wednesday morning when I am treating myself to a facial. I also treated myself to two new books today...as you can see I am a big believer in little treats

My parents mentioned that they might like to take a weekend break in a few weeks time. I said I would take care of the house. It feels good to be responsible and a little more independent.

Sometimes life sucks but I am happy I don't reach for the bottle anymore as a way of dealing with it.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

I'm so sorry for the rejection letter, Tetra, but it's good to hear you sounding so positive It seems like that positivity is reaching your parents too and they're starting to trust you.

Way to go, girl! Something is sure to turn up soon work wise if you keep at it the way you are
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep trying... Dont get down hearted, you never know when your luck is about to change, and as long as you keep ;plucking away at it, there's a good chance you'll get the break you need.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're really getting there which is great read. Bravo! Don't let the rejection letter get you down, there will be other opportunities. Keep up the great work.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats apart of life. Time to move on, redouble your efforts.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats to you!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

1 rejection, but 2 more applications in the pipeline . . . that's the best way to bounce back!!

Never give up on your dreams, in the past most of us just lived inside a bottle, things passed us by, but now even the simplest things in life can make for an enjoyable day!!
Old 02-17-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep in there, you will soon get a job and one you want.
John.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about your letter - but I'm hoping you'll get other better letters Tetra

Enjoy your time in the city

D
Old 02-17-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hearing that news and getting that letter stinks - but it sounds like you have the right attitude. You are forging ahead and not overlooking the great things that are happening. You will not give up those dreams, you are moving forward, and doing a great job. Congratulations on handling a tough situation very well today. And enjoy your break in the city!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So here I am at my childhood home. It feels weird. So bittersweet. So many memories. The house seems smaller as well, like it shrunk or something. My parents have redecorated it nicely.

I got called for another interview today. I don't remember applying for this job. The lady said in the message that I sent my CV in last December and a new vacancy has opened up in the office and they had my CV on file. It seems that there are jobs out there in spite of the recession, so fingers crossed I can do this and my dreams will come true x
Old 02-18-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good luck with the interview.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It looks like one window closed, but meanwhile a door has opened. Stay in motion, it sounds like good things are happening! Hope you enjoy your time at your old home.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck with the interview! Sorry about the letter, I know it stings a bit but you sound very positive which is fantastic.xxx